MRP paints/thinner and Greek F16 Have Glass

panzerrob

Hi all,

Recently I bought MRP paints 278 (FS360170) and 280 (Have Gloss) for my F35.

Since MRP is a new brand for me I (I use Vallejo Air) would like to know what to use to thin it when necessary!

The website says to use Mr Thinner but I didn't order it, and the LHS only has Tamiya and Vallejo.

Second question is:

I would like to build a Greek F16D block 50/52 (using the AFV F16B kit) Can I use the Have Gloss on top of the Greek camouflage to create that Have Glass look?

Thanks for any help or input,

Rob

Personally, if you're going to be using MRP a lot in the future, I'd invest in a bottle of Mr Color Levelling Thinner for thinning purposes. Tamiya Lacquer Thinner can also be used. In a pinch, hardware store denatured alcohol or isopropol alcohol (90%) can also be used. But, Mr Color Levelling Thinner is the best. Be careful that the Tamiya and Vallejo thinners stocked at your LHS are for "regular" acrylics and not good for acrylic lacquers like MRP. And MRP's Have Glass (#278) is a clear flat with metallic particles included and if the Greek F16 had it applied atop their Greek colors would work out just fine. MRP 280 is the Camo Gray color, and does not have the metallic particles. 

Just now, panzerrob said:

Hi all,

Recently I bought MRP paints 278 (FS360170) and 280 (Have Gloss) for my F35.

Since MRP is a new brand for me I (I use Vallejo Air) would like to know what to use to thin it when necessary!

The website says to use Mr Thinner but I didn't order it, and the LHS only has Tamiya and Vallejo.

Cant help much on the Greek Viper question, but can help with the MRP inquiry.   MRP is an acrylic paint particulate suspended in a  lacquer carrier.   It come fully pre-thinned and the ratio of thinner to paint is always spot on IMHO.   

Its really nice not to have to have any guess work about thinning it, because you really don't have to put much thought into how to get it to spray great straight from the bottle. If you need to, as Bob mentioned you can use Mr Color Leveling Thinner, or regular old Mr Color thinner which is what I use simply based on the fact that its harder to get Mr Color Leveling Thinner where I am.