Yak 3, the Special Hobby Hi-Tech Kit

21 hours ago, dennismcc said:

That looks really good, I do like the VVS grey on grey camouflge.

Cheers

Dennis

I think it's a bit different too, Dennis.  And not just the colours, but the pattern is quite different to everything else I've seen too.

19 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Lovely result, Michael!

Kev

Thanks Kev. 

19 hours ago, williamj said:

Looks great.....makes me want to build mine.:clap2::clap2:

17 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Outstanding!   I agree with Bill, it really makes me want to dig out my own kit. 

Good idea.  And you can both join in this group build too.  :lol:

14 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Makes me want to buy one!!

I think it's money well spent.  Also, it's great to see some Russian VVS kits on the market.  I hope we see more in the future, too.

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Very nice!  Congrats!

2 hours ago, Dany Boy said:

Beautiful model!

:goodjob:

Thanks, Gazzas and Dany Boy.  Even though the model presented a few challenges/annoyances, I'm very glad I finished it and it turned out reasonably good.  Might even get another.

On to the next one, now.

Cheers,

Michael

You are welcome Michael

I have one in my collection as well 32067 1/32 Yakovlev Yak-3 "Normandie-Niemen" just because I like Yak-15 so much

I think I can understand why you are so fascinated by this brilliant propeller air fighter!

It was simple the best, and not by any chance Soviets manage to fulfil the Luftwaffe’s Volksjäger dream that never become true, just because Germans didn’t have such light and at the same time reliable propeller fighter.

c46ad89856da.jpg

Wow!!  Thanks for posting those diagrams, Dany Boy.  I'm fascinated by aircraft of this period as their was so much experimentation going on thanks to the possibilities opened up by the development of the jet engine.  I think there's still a lot of information to come out of the former Soviet Union.  That secrecy is also why we haven't yet seen many planes modelled from WW2, as few know of them, so no perceived market perhaps.  Glad that's changing.

Cheers,

Michael