Gloster Gladiator.....finished :)

mozart

Thanks chaps! :blush:  It was worth taking a few liberties with 56 squadron’s eye catching markings, silver is lovely but those red and white chequers are something else.  When my father was a trainee pilot in S Rhodesia in 1943 there were Tiger Moths buzzing all over the sky from several neighbouring EFTSs. So it was decided to paint a chequerboard band on the rear fuselage of Dad’s EFTS (No. 28) because one of their mechanics was ex-56 squadron! 

WwYAtj.jpg

ATLFi8.jpg

Edited by mozart

52 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

A stunning build Max, enjoyed watching this one come together as the trailblazer for this new kit.

Regards. Andy 

Thanks Andy.....somewhat easier than you and the Bf110G4!  Rewarding nonetheless. 

32 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Sad to see it end, thoroughly enjoyed the ride along 

I know, I went up to the craft room this afternoon and thought "What now?"  Felt quite desolated really.  I think a Gauntlet has to be attempted but I'm trying to time things so that I'm ready for the Cold War Jets GB with my Echelon Lightning.

Yes the Lightning is whetting my appetite too.  I was talking to Iain Ogilvie last night, he brought his Trumpeter Lightning and all the re-workings that he's doing on it to club night last night.  Bless him, he's going to re-cast a canopy for me because the Echelon one has yellowed with age.