Gloster Gladiator.....finished :)

mozart

21 hours ago, mozart said:

Thanks Guy, that’s a sound idea which I may try, the current rigging is Prym elastic. I’m a bit worried about sag if I use stretched sprue though.....we’ll see. I could do the same with thin metal tube as well, there’s a thought! 

That's a good idea Max. Micro tubing is easy to flatten with pliers and should be accurate to measure too. 

Another way to use the metal tubing could be to flatten it and bend it over on itself trapping the Prym in the fold. The flattened tubing would be glued to the flying surfaces  as an anchor. The tail of the thread could be glued to the stretched thread to resemble a fastening similar to the real deal?

I'm looking forward to seeing how you resolve your conundrum.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, geedubelyer said:

Another way to use the metal tubing could be to flatten it and bend it over on itself trapping the Prym in the fold. The flattened tubing would be glued to the flying surfaces  as an anchor. The tail of the thread could be glued to the stretched thread to resemble a fastening similar to the real deal?

Funnily enough I did exactly that this afternoon Guy!!  I was going to post pictures but then we had a power cut after a very windy day!  9.00pm and it's just been restored.  The Prym + flatted micro-tubing works very well and the tubing provides a very secure anchor point.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Lots of good ideeers floating round this thread! 

Isn't that the beauty of our lovely forum Brian.

37 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

Hello Max,

:wow::bow:

The whole ensemble is AMAZING....the rigging... the propeller... the Figure... the painting.

Just taken a whole hour to catch up from page 2 where I left it.

So having read and gone through everything WE are blown away by your EXEMPLARY  work....I am sat in a beautiful Lodge in Caithness (Scotland) and MY fellow friends are gasping as they look at your Astounding build  with ME.:wub:

:clap2:

So from Highlands WE all say  your Gloster Gladiator and figures are SO EXQUISITE...  :clap2::bow:

From MARU 5137, Eddie,Fresno and 3 ladies .

Thank you.

keep up the excellent work and now you have set the standard for everyone.

Thank you Maru, have a wee dram on me.  Glad you and your chums like it so much!! :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

That rigging is very sharp Max!

There seems to be some kind of stain running on your left stabilizer? Just a bit worried...

Alain

Yes Alain, rather annoying and it only shows up in certain lights. No amount of overspraying in silver gets rid of it so I may try my black primer.

At last the rigging line and microtube can be put away.......rigging is finito!! :clap2:

cAJHUD.jpg

Adding a few details now though, like brake lines.  I'm using an Anyz connector and braided line, the latter is a bit on the thick side perhaps but I'll see how it looks:

zOMIgQ.jpg

Q9rZAE.jpg

CzH2TU.jpg

The Gladiator MIGHT, be finished tomorrow........:o or perhaps not! :P

Edited by mozart

The dampers are just sitting there Brian, I guess they should be "clamped" onto the bracing but too difficult at this scale.  Anyhow, apart from the aerial and a little bit of tidying up...........she's finished!! :frantic:  A few rough and ready pictures but RFI in a few days time.  I was looking at my Bulldog last night..........daunting! :o

fz7JKH.jpg
kf89pA.jpg
EHxjq1.jpg
1lATlU.jpg
pJrKX1.jpg
tYjfjI.jpg

A83Iut.jpg

Edited by mozart

• mozart changed the title to Gloster Gladiator.....finished :)