Gloster Gladiator.....finished :)

mozart

46 minutes ago, quang said:

Agreed Chek.

Having said that, it takes me less time to fabricate a detail using stretched sprue than to look for an adequate material that would do the job.;)

I’ve always been rather sceptical about using stretched sprue but having given very careful thought to all the alternatives it fitted the bill perfectly for this job. I don’t imagine I’ll be making a habit of it though.

23 minutes ago, Chek said:

That prop - well the whole model really - looks excellent.

The tyres are perhaps a bit too glossy, but it could have been raining.

Far too glossy but work in progress!!

21 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Well now, isnt that a wee slice-O fried gold!

Does fried gold go well with the glass of wine behind the Gladiator Brian? :blush:

1 minute ago, quang said:

Great setting, Max. I recognize the two senior officers but where does the erk come from? :hmmm:

I think it’s a Reedoak one Quang. The chap in the flying helmet is being replaced by one wearing more period flying garb, bit of basic work to do with him though before painting starts. 

9 minutes ago, mozart said:

I think it’s a Reedoak one Quang. The chap in the flying helmet is being replaced by one wearing more period flying garb, bit of basic work to do with him though before painting starts. 

Don't tell me. I know all about head-swapping ;)

I've had a chance to do a little checking about the pipe on the starboard nose which Quang spotted.  My only reference for a 56 squadron Gladiator shows "something" (a blank?) but not a pipe......could it be that the pipe is associated with the differing engine on the Mk II?  I'm leaving as is for the moment.

XtWBSY.jpg