Gloster Gladiator.....finished :)

mozart

lol!  I probably would have been easier on you Max, had I known they were YOUR codes and not factory decals!   I should have known what I was looking at, since the scheme you chose was not OOB!   DUH!  I can be a royal right prat now and then

Much easier to mess things up on our own.  :lol:  I give the factory much less wiggle room when it comes to that stuff. 

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

lol!  I probably would have been easier on you Max, had I known they were YOUR codes and not factory decals!   I should have known what I was looking at, since the scheme you chose was not OOB!   DUH!  I can be a royal right prat now and then

Much easier to mess things up on our own.  :lol:  I give the factory much less wiggle room when it comes to that stuff. 

Brian my friend, I realised from the way you'd written it what you'd assumed, but every word you said was true so it shows that I too can be a right prat.....your comments were thoroughly deserved, taken on the chin, stiff upper lip and all that and absolutely no offence taken!  :P

On 12/14/2019 at 10:23 AM, mozart said:

Half cutting through the tabs and bending meant an easy assembly of elevators to tail planes:

2kqv3L.jpg

I've started to look at the engine, nicely detailed and crisp without being too complicated - it should nonetheless make up into a busy enough looking engine, and you have the option of being fully encased in the fairings or partially open:

4LNwup.jpg

The parts arrowed fit onto each cylinder head but from the instructions appear to be used only on "variant" (read scheme) 2. ie Gloster Gladiator I 607 squadron August 1939.  Why this should be so in beyond me, but if you go for the fully closed up look, they won't be seen anyway.

Detail:

ZO6RcW.jpg

The collector ring is lovely, going to be quite a challenge to get the right worn effect:

aPTBoK.jpg

P0UUQ1.jpg

xWoy6W.jpg

I think I'll paint this separately and fit later.

Finally the exhaust pipes, I'm liking the fact that the tiny "holes" are well represented BUT it is solid and needs careful drilling out, mine's nearly there!

vgxlD1.jpg

I have  feeling that the cowlings cannot be fitted if the cylinder caps are used.

That's quite possible, I have no intention of using them so I can't really test your theory, except that I may have one panel off because I have a ground crew man waiting with his screwdriver!  In that event, I may put the cylinder caps on those which are visible! 

I was talking about this with a friend of mine the other day. One possible option we came up with might be to leave one of the panels off and fit the caps to the cylinders thus exposed. There is also the AIMS engine, which looks absolutely stunning.

The good news is that I managed to get the fuselage checkers done yesterday afternoon :D:

fh36hU.jpg

tf8WwI.jpg

The bad news is that I've got them "upside down"!  It wasn't until I placed the upper wing above the plane to get an overall view that I realised my error :angry2::

dTfx4o.jpg

The annoying thing is that I have a Pheon profile pinned on my board right in front of my bench of a 56 squadron Meteor, and the top left checker is white so I went with that! Grrrr!!  Has to be re-done, it should look like this Bulldog:

sjf0i8.jpg

Max, just caught up with this build, excellent work, and whilst biplanes aren't my bag i appreciate the work your putting into this,

Bad news on the fuse chequers considering youve done such a great job, quick fix though, can you display it in flight inverted?  ( i shall now leave ) 

Seriously superb work, I must invest in a silhouette cutter at some point, although i'm rubbish with graphics. 

37 minutes ago, Phartycr0c said:

Max, just caught up with this build, excellent work, and whilst biplanes aren't my bag i appreciate the work your putting into this,

Bad news on the fuse chequers considering youve done such a great job, quick fix though, can you display it in flight inverted?  ( i shall now leave ) 

Seriously superb work, I must invest in a silhouette cutter at some point, although i'm rubbish with graphics. 

Funnily enough Dave the same thought occurred to me, flying upside down sorts it!  I’ve done the correction without too much hassle, just an hour’s work, pictures soon hopefully! 
Do think about a Silhouette cutter, it really is worth every penny! Hmmm, twinge of guilt there, I bought it for my wife for her card making hobby but she hasn’t had a chance to use it yet! :rolleyes: