Gloster Gladiator.....finished :)

mozart

2 minutes ago, RLWP said:

You are transporting your mother-in-law in a case??

Bless her, she has Alzheimer's and probably wouldn't have been aware of it even if I had!  SHE travelled in luxury with her daughters, I trailed along behind in a van with all her accoutrements!! :wacko:

2 minutes ago, mozart said:

Bless her, she has Alzheimer's and probably wouldn't have been aware of it even if I had!  SHE travelled in luxury with her daughters, I trailed along behind in a van with all her accoutrements!! :wacko:

Ahh. Number 2 son and his fiancee have just bought a house (or half-a-house under some new-fangled builders scheme), so I've been doing a lot of accoutrement shifting. You have my sympathies

Richard 

Fourth commandment: I’m already served and am in the process of utterly ruining my newly-acquired possession.

7-FB5-E3-DF-77-DD-4-B6-E-A0-C1-8-EACE35-

41 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Thank you, Dave for your input but the Belgian decals were included in my ‘Belgian Edition’ kit.

49 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

I don't normally ' do 'biplanes mainly because of the rigging, but having seen your build I'm tempted by this, especially in 1/32.

John

I hope I’m not tempting Fate here John, but the rigging on the Gladiator is a pretty straightforward affair so worth a punt I reckon! 

1 hour ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Pardon my ignorance, but is this 3D rendering meant as basework for a kit?  If so, I would be more than interested in aquiring one as I love making a similar model (I will be starting a wooden koppy of the Wright Flyer soon)

I found these 3D renderings some years ago in a forum devoted to CAD developers. Their author is Marek Rys, a CAD artist whose work can be seen in publications like MMP, Mushroom and Kagero among others. It could be that they were used for developing the ICM kit, but I digress.

A caveat: like most CAD drawings, they must be viewed as work-in-progress. They are not definitive and can subjected to modification and correction at any time ( i.e. the strange-looking u/c legs). One ought not slavishly reproduce what‘s in the drawings but they are very helpful to understand the inner workings of the actual machine.

Here’s the last batch. I don’t have any more, I promise ;).

ED54580-E-1-C02-444-F-BFD1-C2-EEDF27-A8-

5019-D30-A-E7-A2-425-B-B682-D0-F9-D55-DE

B937-BAAD-653-F-41-FA-AA5-F-C52-DE8-EA84

Enjoy,

Cheers,

Quang