Gloster Gladiator.....finished :)

mozart

The ICM Gloster Gladiator "landed" on my work bench this morning, so work starts this afternoon!  A few shots for starters of sprues, sample instructions and thoughts:

Sprues:

sA09ud.jpg

quBqB9.jpg

D8MNZ6.jpg

QLS2sQ.jpg

z93163.jpg

The detail on all the mouldings is very crisp and well defined.  There's no attempt to portray a fabric effect, but this is often overdone when it's been tried previously.  Drilling points for rigging are not given other than small raised squares by the struts.  I'm pleased that all the control surfaces are separated so that you can "strike your own pose."

Instructions:

oPHs2t.jpg

TBQRcS.jpg

ihML8n.jpg

dAVGoZ.jpg

WOpz0c.jpg

On first glance the instructions look to be clear and well laid out, time will tell of course when assembly begins as to how accurate and logical they are.

Pilots:

I like to include figures with my models so I also ordered the British pilots set, again they are crisply moulded which is a very important factor when painting.

6luHRe.jpg

176xef.jpg

PS: Here's one I made earlier!!!  This is the Revell 1/72nd kit, built as a review sample for Scale Modelling Now several years ago:

n7JPDa.jpg
kH4QWk.jpg

Edited by mozart

Oh my!   So nice.  Image 57 parts D28-29.   Instructions.  What are they taking about there? .  How do the exhausts look in your opinion?    Wow.  so want one of these bruts.   The pilots look great too.  They must be from the commonwealth eh?   Lol. Canadian or South African I’d imagine?   JK!    

So a pretty standard start with the cockpit, a fairly simplified construction but all flash-free and fitting positively. Plenty of scope for the AM gents to get to work.  There's ONE (shock horror) ejector pin mark on the rear of the pilot's seat:

6Sg777.jpg

A quick spray of black primer followed by interior green, all paints MRP:

elHde0.jpg

The machine guns are OK but again many will replace with better (brass) representations.  Drilling out the muzzles is a must, but needs doing carefully because they'd be very easy to snap off:

rVhSv2.jpg

I've completed the lower wing and wheels, again all fitted together beautifully:

J0OnXU.jpg

I'm building this OOB, not being tempted into super-detailing though there is clearly plenty of opportunity to go OTT with it!!! ;)