Infinity Models

Tony T

On 12/11/2019 at 9:25 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Indeed, a Val and a new tool Beaufighter will be MOST welcome!! 

The Val is the only aircraft on that list that has any real appeal to me at all. If they do it right, and for a reasonable cost, I'll probably have to have one. I've had a real "thing" for Pearl Harbor attackers here of late, and the Val would make a great subject for me to pursue.

9 hours ago, Tony T said:

Am also intrigued by the HpH SR-71 — that could really be a real beauty.

That's been my dream build for years, Tony. I remember how amazed I was when I saw Mike Young's 1/32 scratch-built SR-71 at the National Air and Space Museum. Link to it here for those who haven't seen it: https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/model-static-lockheed-sr-71a-blackbird

Adam

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I'm afraid of the possible price of a large scale SR-71 when I see the price of the C-47...

Thierry, it seems that the Infinity brand kits will be plastic, not resin as in the HPH C-47. A Blackbird would be expensive, but there's not much of an interior to replicate and, if they updated the approach Testors took to its 1/48 Blackbirds,  they could kit both an SR-71A/B and a YF-12A. If Infinity can keep the cost down to somewhere in the middle of the  1/32 heavy bomber range and do the Blackbird justice, I will quit smoking. 

Adam

27 minutes ago, adameliclem said:

Thierry, it seems that the Infinity brand kits will be plastic, not resin as in the HPH C-47. A Blackbird would be expensive, but there's not much of an interior to replicate and, if they updated the approach Testors took to its 1/48 Blackbirds,  they could kit both an SR-71A/B and a YF-12A. If Infinity can keep the cost down to somewhere in the middle of the  1/32 heavy bomber range and do the Blackbird justice, I will quit smoking. 

Adam

Adam, according to Heinz' post on Britmodeller, with SR-71 will be one of their final resin products:

There will be no more new resin kits from HpH except some large model projects like the Me-323 Gigant and maybe SR-71 in 1/32.

Kev

Hadn't read this one until now.  Great news, and I look forward to seeing the Vampire released.  I want one as a companion to my Meteors.  I'd also love to have a crack at the Beaufighter when it's released.

Cheers,

Michael