Hasegawa Bf 109F Completed 20/02/20

Hey Gaz, if you’re not liking it try airbrushing very thinly the bottom fuselage color at low pressure, and randomly. it may help blend and unify the colours then “dirty” that base color and build up the staining again?

never say “Woah” in a horse race

CjDIYB.jpg

DSCN5671.jpg

Try making the streaks smaller.  If this is oil over a gloss coat you can remove what you've done.  My experience is that oil paints stain gloss coat, but that's OK because it gives you a thin layer upon which to work.  You can see where the Yellow Ochre oil paint has stained the wing rivets.  I just put it on and wiped it off with a cotton bud.

With each successive layer, make the paint a little less thin so the paint becomes darker.  The first layer is transparent.  I used 3 layers here.  This is weight variation.  Think of it as light, medium, then dark.  You can fix this.

Instead of making rough elongated lines, make rough elongated triangles.  Triangles have more contrast in there shape and therefore look more interesting as a shape than does a line. 

There is also line length variation.  At the right landing gear, which would be toward the left of the picture, there are 4 oil lines, each a different length, from short to long.  They move your eye from up to down from left to right creating visual interest.  Draw your pattern with a pencil.

If what you've done is oil over a flat coat you can still fix this.  Wash it off with thinner on a wide brush and kleenex.  Use the brush to transfer the thinner in a controlled dabbing manner to the model then dab the kleenex on as an absorbent.  You want to remove the paint straight up.  Don't wipe.  Flat coats are abrasive to kleenex.

You can do this.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/20/2020 at 2:24 AM, Padubon said:

You are living proof that talent and skill don require after market sets. 
One of the best models I have seen.

Thank you!  I apologize for the late reply...  I haven't been to this thread in some time.