Caudron C.714, Azur, 1:32 - FINISHED

5 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Very nicely done, LH! Normally we discourage members from posting their GB entries in the RFI forum, as they get their own gallery entries in the GB section.

Kev

OK, thanks for letting me know (pretty new here).  If you want you are welcome to move this to the appropriate place.

This turned out really nice! Congratulations!  :goodjob:

Well, the odd camo was the reason too I've build mine. It is a much too nice canvas to miss it :thumbsup: Wasn't aware that the lower antenna is retractable. Showed it folded down. A small correction to be made.

Thank you for showing!

- dutik

1 hour ago, dutik said:

This turned out really nice! Congratulations!  :goodjob:

Well, the odd camo was the reason too I've build mine. It is a much too nice canvas to miss it :thumbsup: Wasn't aware that the lower antenna is retractable. Showed it folded down. A small correction to be made.

Thank you for showing!

- dutik

According to the book referenced earlier, and I quote (page 110):

" The height of the CR.7114 did not allow the aerialto be completely extended when the aeroplane was on the ground, this could only be one when in flight.  The aerial was extended by a chain mechanism and the upper and lower mas extension was synchronous"

So if I read this correctly, both the upper and lower aerial should be shortened when representing an aircraft on the ground.  On page 111 is a picture of a partly extended aerial with a bend caused by damage.  Based on this picture I would say that the aerial when completely retracted should be roughly 1/4th of the length of the kit part.

To make things even more comlicated there is an upper part of the upper aerial that had to be adjusted by the ground crew and could extend an additional 250 mm. (For those looking at the pitcture, this is the little bit sticking out above the two-fingered clamp wich is painted a dark metal).  I attempted to show a partially extended aerial by having the bits that stick out when on the ground be a lighter colour while the portion that retracts is a brown -copper colour (artistic licince).

Edited by Landrotten Highlander