JG 52 Messerschmitt Bf 109K *Completed*

Working on some of the smaller and interior sections. RLM 02 being sprayed i the gear wells and on the under carriage legs also inside the radiator flaps. I also painted the prop and spinner. The white is meant to be a bit untidy along with the overspray on the pro blade which was there on the aircraft.

KfkqeBa.jpg

9 hours ago, chrish said:

Looking great!

Nicer weather? I'll trade you some of our -41C for some of your +40C...?

Maybe we can get a nice medium??

I can deal with a bit of heat, but that kinda cold would see me not get out of bed all winter.

Masking up the rudder.

FOCndOG.jpg?1

Painting the fuselage. I went for RLM 75 and 83 for the fuselage.

5spFwhw.jpg

I painted the tail with a brush, RLM 81 brown with 83 green irregular splotches. Gloss is also on, just awaiting things to dry before some decals and I need to apply the painted out 4 on the fuselage.

2512nDv.jpg?1

With the gloss on and now dry, it's onto the decals. I used most of them from the box, but the black under surface markings were from another kit, along with the double chevron, which I had to cut down a little to fit.

2Q1Th8U.jpg

However I ran into a bit of a problem; I had no III gruppe bar, so after scouring all my decals including unbuilt kits, I decided to have a go at making a mask. 4 hours and I'm not sure how many tries, I got 1 half decent one.

aGLQJvD.jpg

Not too bad. Not perfect but it will do.

XfZ4vWv.jpg