Rules of the Road

Howdy folks!

This Group Build covers 30 years of aerial warfare on the Eastern Front, from 1915 to 1945. The Group Build will run from 9 December 2019 to 31 May 2020. For our purposes, the Eastern Front is defined as the region from Lapland in Finland down to Bulgaria.

Eligibility is open to any aircraft or helicopter kit, 1/35 scale or larger, that is no more than 25% complete at the time entering the Group Build.

Just a note about RFI posts: it's OK to make them once your build is complete, but please also post the finished photos as part of your build thread. This way, it not only keeps everything in context, but also makes it easier for us to grab those images to include in the GB Gallery.

OK, start your engines!

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up today in a book store in Montreal:

w7atjKK.jpg

In French only, but contains pictures and profiles of a truly surprising amount of different aircraft used in Russia, the baltic states, Poland etc, just after WWI. Includes many types used by all sides in the Great War.  

How about a Sopwith Camel flown by the Cossaks of Couban against the red army!

I don't know if you can find it easily, but it is a very nice reference for this GB.

Alain

Edited by Alain Gadbois

• 3 weeks later...

Struggling a bit, trying to figure what I can build. I have an old Revell Bf110C-4 that I thought of building in the multi engine gb.

Then yesterday when checking my stash, I found a Fw190A-8 (also old Revell) with markings for SG 4 and 10 in 1944-45.

I checked and those squadrons seems to have flewn in the eastern front at that time. Still unsure though if they did that late.

I don't think I have anything russian in 32nd or larger for that time period.

Have to check my stash again, as I'm thinking 1/24th would be nice. Have a few old Airfix or Heller.

Håkan

SG4 fought from mid/late 1944 out of Czech territory against the Russians, before that they were engaged against the Western allies in Italy, but SG10 fought almost all the war in Southern Russia, so both those options should be good to go in the 190 kit. 

I have one 1/32 trumpeter MiG 3 in my stash.

But I intend to made a "naked" plane, representing the state of plane when it getting out of the assembly line, still without any paint. This shows the metal parts and the wood parts.

This kind of plane would be elegible for the GB?

Thanks, Paulo.

7 hours ago, tchwrma said:

I have one 1/32 trumpeter MiG 3 in my stash.

But I intend to made a "naked" plane, representing the state of plane when it getting out of the assembly line, still without any paint. This shows the metal parts and the wood parts.

This kind of plane would be elegible for the GB?

Thanks, Paulo.

Yeh, go for it.

• 1 month later...

About the "less than 25%" rule:

Is a single seat fighter kit still qualified, if the main wing parts were glued together before (i. e. one piece lower wing and the two upper halfes)?

Of course I will not finish this build in time if I join the GB. It's a tradition (or a curse, depends on your point of view :wicked: ) but nevertheless I am still trying then and when... :whistle:

Regards

- dutik

p. s. If it is a point of interest: We are talking about the Avia B.35 czech fighter prototype and one of the very rare Legato kits.

44 minutes ago, dutik said:

About the "less than 25%" rule:

Is a single seat fighter kit still qualified, if the main wing parts were glued together before (i. e. one piece lower wing and the two upper halfes)?

Of course I will not finish this build in time if I join the GB. It's a tradition (or a curse, depends on your point of view :wicked: ) but nevertheless I am still trying then and when... :whistle:

Regards

- dutik

p. s. If it is a point of interest: We are talking about the Avia B.35 czech fighter prototype and one of the very rare Legato kits.

Yeh I'd say that's under the 25%. Go for it.

• 3 months later...

Thanks all for participating once again, Battle of Britain is up next. Cold War jets is still going too, for all those kerosene burners out there. If you'd like your in progress thread moved to continue with it in the 'in progress' forum, please let me or one of the mods know.