ICELANDIC FINE ARTS 1/32 F-4K/M PHANTOM!

Robertjon5

• 5 months later...

I'm waiting for the Hong Kong Models and Kitty Hawk editions of these subjects in IM styrene. 

TBH, if it is resin or printed, I'd rather have a tabletop  1/32-ish accurate wheels-up shape on a stick finished in a high gloss with blue canopies.

A bit like a wooden display model but using 21stC materials. 

Skip on the frippery but engineer a nice metal stand for it. 

Tony 

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi, 

I received today some pictures from Alan. I can confirm his Brit Phantom project is evolving slowly but surely. 

By the way the already mentioned Jaguar Gr.I visible in the background also looks quite promising. 

Yeepeeee! 

103-0365.jpg

103-0366.jpg

103-0367.jpg

103-0372.jpg

Lifted directly from Britmodeller, posted on Monday (my underline):

Hello Fellow modellers'

Although I have stopped worked on both the Spey Phantom and Jag, they are the most important projects and I think there is a greater demand for these subjects than others. Whilst I am still on close down, rethinking the overall strategy has played its part; I rely on a small amount of modellers like yourselves to keep me going, so bringing forth the projects you want, is the most important. My personal view, is that 32nd modellers are far more genuine and serious in their intentions and I have relied on such patronage to develop new projects. I will still do 1/48 in some subjects. 

The Spey Phantom is a long way from complete and requires at least another 1000 hours of work, such is the nature of the project. For instance, the exhaust burner cans took me 6 weeks to design and make, with several hundred hours of work and I have made what is the most detailed burner cans possible and no IM kit will rival the detail of these exhausts and no CAD or CNC can match my level of work in this particular area. Similarly, the rear end of the Phantom swallowed up 3 months of design and trial and error to achieve a good representation of the geometry, so again, no effort spared. The cockpit is also highly detailed and requires further work. 

Its a long way to go but together we will get there.

Alan

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I do not think so. Possibly he reduced the pace but did not stop as I received the news directly from him. 

Salut Thierry,

You probably have a better line on news than I do but this is what Alan posted on Britmodeller:

"Although I have stopped worked on both the Spey Phantom and Jag, they are the most important projects and I think there is a greater demand for these subjects than others. Whilst I am still on close down, rethinking the overall strategy has played its part; I rely on a small amount of modellers like yourselves to keep me going, so bringing forth the projects you want, is the most important."

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235063337-f-4km-in-132/

I hope your Spitfire is going well! I have managed to start mine. 

Kind regards,

Paul

I wish everyone luck. At least I can toss a vacform into the bin without feeling guilty.

Enjoy real modelling peeps. The trouble is, this costs as much as a case of Islay spirits.

I'm going to focus my sights on the Trumpeter F-100F and KHM Sabre Dog. All a bit North American, but that's what's happening

Tony