ICELANDIC FINE ARTS 1/32 F-4K/M PHANTOM!

Robertjon5

well guys went to London model show today to check out ICELAND FINE ARTS 1/32 F4K/M SPEY PHANTOM. it finally exists!! ALAN WILSON had the MASTERS there on show. So below are first pics ever? of a proper brit spey phantom. STILL a lot of work and detailing to do. but should be ready by end of MARCH 2020! BUT he is only doing THIRTY to start!! @ £195. nearly half HKM price. told him needs to double or treble it. I have ordered 3 to start. so get in quick! now the pics . one on display is FAA/BLACK MIKE version. But ALL versions will be done. and will have open canopies!

IMG_20191208_105735_zpseyfedmbr.jpg

IMG_20191208_105703_zpsqdhx1kme.jpg

IMG_20191208_115707_zpsms6c3lr3.jpg

IMG_20191208_115717_zpswcv996pv.jpg

IMG_20191208_105643_zpssaoma4u2.jpg

IMG_20191208_105650_zpsl6neozos.jpg

and a few pics of his other upcoming models. 1/32 BUCCANEER. 1/48 VULCAN. 1/72 VC 10s etc.

IMG_20191208_110143_zpsmx4pssfi.jpg

IMG_20191208_110132_zpsqjxiawa2.jpg

IMG_20191208_110120_zpsw6l52o9e.jpg

IMG_20191208_110112_zpsn1zmkoop.jpg

and loads more pictures from the show itself in this slideshow.

http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/chunky555/slideshow/LONDON PLASTIC MODEL SHOW 8TH DECEMBER 2019

Edited by Robertjon5
missed info.

4 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very cool looking Vulcan fuse. I'd need to see more pics of any final product where the Phantom is concerned though. It looks pretty rough here, but that I'm sure is largely due to the stage of development its currently in.

yes, as I posted, these are just the masters to show people it now exists. proper finished model should be by end of next March.

Damm that is tempting , I'd have finished the Buf by then... Perhaps!

At least with the F-4 there's are whole mini industry of after marker  options that would make detailing it a lot easier than its been on the Buc , my supplies of redundant PE placards have taken a real hammering when it comes to detailing the pit

Alan would have to up his game as regards Decals when it comes to the Phantom - i'm still working  out the options for markings for the Buc, and the F-4 would be a lot more challenging , especially if , like me , you fancy an RAF  aircraft in good all Green/Grey camo.. 

Looking at the other pics, the Martels look to be nice, but I'm sticking withe Sea Eagles.. 

Looks like I'm going to e-mailing alan again 

I'm going to do something I normally hate, comment on a photograph of a new model! But the top intake line looks too flat, shouldn't it have a rise just aft of the cockpit? Spey Phantoms seem to "hunch up" there. Or is this just me?

I don't want this taken as criticism, I couldn't make something like this but if these are masters then there is time to make adjustments if required.

I see what you are saying  Coors.  I have been looking at his work a bit lately and it seems he starts out like this.  Gets a rough shape then refines and refines and refines.  Looking at some of his finished stuff, it looks promising.

He should post here, there are some very knowledgeable Brit Phantom members here and he can get some awesome help if needed.  At least if we get to see the progress

Thanks for the pics, appreciate you taking the time for us LSP'ers

as I have already said. REFINEMENTS + ADJUSTMENTS will be made! alan is a draughtsman. and he has been to 2 real phantoms to get ALL the measurements. I know he posts on Britmodeller. but not sure if he has time to do this one as well. or I can ask a question for you. when I found out he was doing I sent him a message. this was his reply.

Hello Robert,

I have already completed the masters for a 1/32 F4K/M Spey Phantom, it will be on display at the London Model Show on Sunday.  It is a completely new model, all original, not a conversion nor a copy, as I am a draughtsman, I carried out all the measurements and calculations myself. The model itself still requires a lot of detailing and reworking in the coming months; the price will be around £195.

Kind regards,

Alan

• 1 month later...

On the 1/32 Phantom, do we know which squadrons will be covered.  I served on 767 and 892 Navy squadrons, and it would be nice to have a large scale version of my old 'cab' XT863 (150 on 767) and later (014 on 892).  I have been waiting for the HKM version, but it seems to have stalled. 

If both squadrons were covered then I would order 2, in order to do both aircraft.

Despite his protestations to the contrary, Alan's decals for the Buccaneer look very well produced on the sheet. Whether they require a white backing on the model or not I don't yet know. However we're only given the major markings.

For a Phantom, there are also a lot of minor markings required, so it would be great if Kitsworld stepped up again to enlarge some of their smaller scale sheets.

Even so, I suspect that the addition of a stencil set from someone like Speedhunter Graphics or Isradecal would add a lot to the finished impression.