Mustang Wing Panel Lines...From the Preeminent Mustang Restorer's Point of View

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Grouch !

DQ6oZpJ.png

A five year old boy died of COVID-19 over here a couple of days ago, not to mention the thousands of others Worldwide, and you have someone needlessly stirring the merde, because he's bored. Seriously?

16 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

How about finding something else to do rather than resurrect a contentious thread? 

4 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

A five year old boy died of COVID-19 over here a couple of days ago, not to mention the thousands of others Worldwide, and you have someone needlessly stirring the merde, because he's bored. Seriously?

We were just kidding and I don't see anyone taking the color comment seriously.  Yes, COVID-19 is deadly, but bringing the child's death into this thread wasn't needed.  Nobody is making fun of COVID-19 and also nobody was taking the color comment as seriously as the Mustang Putty discussion.  De-stressing takes on many different forms, humor is one of them.

I think that is all for this thread.

On 4/1/2020 at 9:47 PM, vince14 said:

Yay! Perhaps the most tedious argument* in all of modelling is back!

*The colour of the cowling on Voss' Dr.I may or may not be even more tedious.

I'll start a thread about the colour of PC10. And another for PC12.

I think that when a moderator is joining in with the handbags on a thread, it is 100% time to lock it, throw away the key and poke your own eyes out.

2 hours ago, CANicoll said:

We were just kidding and I don't see anyone taking the color comment seriously.  Yes, COVID-19 is deadly, but bringing the child's death into this thread wasn't needed.  Nobody is making fun of COVID-19 and also nobody was taking the color comment as seriously as the Mustang Putty discussion.  De-stressing takes on many different forms, humor is one of them.

I think that is all for this thread.

Threads like this cause the staff no little amount of work, without going through it I can guess there's posts edited and hidden, just to keep the peace, keep the thread on track, to provide discussion and information, even when it's diametrically opposed, and if we can avoid any heated arguments we will, I hid a thread last week, two posts in, it wasn't relevant to the site and you could tell which way it was going to go.

I was called a Grouch, so I thought it best to explain myself, everything in context, and Don said he was bored, not stressed.

How's about everyone show some self-discipline, and only post if they have some relevant information to the topic in the title, that way we won't have to lock the thread.

This thread has been nothing but tiresome tub thumping since two individuals with opposing views got involved and both decided their opinion was the absolute gospel on the subject. Mods should've locked it a long time ago.

1 minute ago, vince14 said:

This thread has been nothing but tiresome tub thumping since two individuals with opposing views got involved and both decided their opinion was the absolute gospel on the subject. Mods should've locked it a long time ago.

It's rather a shame it has gone that way. I have been hoping for someone to step in and help form a consensus. Both individuals have knowledge on the subject, there must be something modellers could have learned from this

Richard

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

Well, since I'm the one who originated the thread in the first place...I pretty much thought it exhausted itself... I have nothing more to add and everyone can read my position on the topic.  I won't post anything further after this...stick a fork in it cause it's done.

I agree! All that had to be said has been said. 

Radu

11 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I was called a Grouch,

A perfect example of how black letters on a white background can be so misinterpreted.

It was just a light hearted rib , not an insult. I just forgot to use a winky face   ;);););)