Interesting. Revell P-51B, upgrade?

Troy Molitor

Just killing time on a Friday evening.  I happened to stumbled across this on Hyper -whatever.  

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/wilde-sau-resin-update-set-classic-revell-p-51b-1--t510524.html   An upgrade for that old childhood favorite, Revell  P-51B and a fillet tail offering. Interesting news for that old kit.  

Now if Model Monkey joined forces they could rule the world I do say.  Check it out.  

We seriously need a good P-51B/C. 

Troy 

I know.  But,  some peeps will still find this news interesting for the kits they saved for the last twenty years and can’t sell them, build them or give them away at any price.  I sold the old  Revell Shangri- la kit still in shrink-wrap to a Hyper dude a few years back for $30.   I was over the moon I got rid of it finally.   Loved that old box artwork,  however.

I think the vast majority are patiently waiting and waiting.  

I would like to see some sweat equity poured into one of these modifications just to see what it looks like as an end result.  Good on the guy that designed this.   

I would clear the bench of all things related to Rata’s and Bf 109G’s to do Ralph “Kidd Hofer’s Salem representative.   Jealous on the Zotz sheet Kagemusha!    The ZM kit would sell well, obviously.  I thought HK was also doing one?   Hopefully w/o a required rear fuselage added aftermarket extension plug.  Just saying.  

The new Revell could sell millions of these too if they could come to a market concept first.   

We shall see I guess.   

20 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

Looks nice. Just the nose would give you an earlier B. Looks like several issues are addressed.

Exactly! I handle issues with the kit prop being in two pieces, the bagel looking wheels, the lack of under wing fuel tanks where pylons were included in the kit, the horrible clear parts with heavy pins and locator fixtures to make them operable, the over sized exhaust manifold openings, the barrel shaped cowl. included are 2 different types of exhausts, better wheels, nicer dash panel, seat, fuel tanks with pylons, both canopy styles, and for shits and giggles, a pair of main flaps. Simple kitbashing, that is perfect for novices wanting to learn resin and vacuform clear parts without breaking the bank.

1 hour ago, dennismcc said:

Looks good to me, it's a shame that no one did this years ago.

Cheers

Dennis

I did it because the kit is currently in Hobby Lobby's model aisle inventory. And given the shear number that have been sold since 1968 or 69, the kit is in my wheelhouse for good sales. I knew it had issues. Just wasn't aware how many.