Problem with HS airbrush

Bstarr3

I've developed an issue with my HS Evo CR.  I'm getting bubbling back into the cup as soon as air flows, which goes down a little with pulling the needle back, but it doesn't matter because the paint's splattered out of the cup and all over by then. Obviously some part is messed up, but my question is which part?  Do I need to replace the nozzle, needle, both? Are there any orings or seals that could cause this issue?  I just did a complete teardown clean with lt which did not resolve the issue. Thanks for input!

When my Iwata does that it’s because it’s got gunk after the needle valve behind the forward cap where the needle protrudes from the gun, the air is supposed to siphon, draw the paint out of the cup but, when the air bypass (around the needle nozzle) get plugged the air goes back up into the color cup.....basically saying I think it needs a more thorough cleaning, paying attention to the business end.

just an opinion though.

I was going through the handbook : online version https://www.harder-airbrush.eu/files/downloads/manuals/Evolution Manual.pdf

It said on page 11 of 36 (downloaded the pdf file): Air pockets or bubbling in the paint cup (D):
a) Tighten the air head (B) more
fi rmly into position
b) Clean the nozzle/nozzle seal (C)
c) Replace the nozzle/nozzle seal (C)

I suspect there are a few airholes in the nozzle that are blocked by dried-up paint.  Submerging this component overnight in paint thinner or Dettol might do the trick (when using Dettol make sure to be in a well ventilated area when rinsing thouroughly the following day)

hope this helps

Edited by Landrotten Highlander

I have a HS Evolution and I had some bubbling in the cup.

Landrotten and the others are spot on, but I will add this;

After every paint-session and when you have given your AB a good thorough  cleaning, unscrew the nozzle a little until next painting session.

This gives the O-ring seal a time to "relax" and next time it will be tight again.

I haven´t had any problems with bubbling in the cup since I started doing this, about a year ago.

If nothing of this solves your problem, It might be a crack in the nozzle and then you have to replace it entirely.

I can recommend you get a Nozzle cleaning set;

Cheers!

Stefan :)

Edited by Phantom2

On 12/6/2019 at 7:32 AM, Jager said:

After cleaning and repair, don't forget to put a bit of beeswax on all the threads during reassembly. I use Burt's Bees, Beeswax Lip Balm. This will seal any possible air leaks.

Jager

Good ol' Chapstick works as well.