CharleyGnarlyP290

HK 1/48 B-17... When

To be released on 15th January  2020...

41 days from now.

price  £ 115.99

Hong Kong Models 1/48 B-17G Flying Fortress Early Production Model Kit - HK01F001 - £115.99

photos looked Awesome...

:wub:

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/hk-models-148-b-17g-flying-fortress-early/

It is indeed available here. Mine just arrived. Deceptively small box was handed over to me as I was trying to work out what it was as I wasn’t expecting any deliveries at the moment. I’d ordered and paid for the kit a while back so there was no payment request or dispatch emails to top me off. 

On 12/11/2019 at 8:32 AM, JerseyChris said:

Would love to build this beauty “in flight”, any suggestions on how to go about crewing this kit?

Give it a little time, and I suspect the aftermarket boys will be all over this kit.

Got mine today. It looks amazing in the box and I'm very happy with it. It's a great package all round so my hat is off to HK. As much as I love the old Monogram kit, there really is no comparison. It should build just fine OOB, but the scope is there to go silly with the extras, which I'm sure we'll start seeing soon. 

Steve

There is a discussion over at HS about the buildup at Modeling Madness that the outer engine nacelles are too high.  It’s been said that the 1/32 kits have the same issue, but I’ve never heard it mentioned.

https://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/cleaver/us/usaaf/bomber/tc17.htm

I’m not sure if it’s the angle of the photos, but it does look a little “off” to me.  Any thoughts?

30 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m not sure if it’s the angle of the photos, but it does look a little “off” to me.  Any thoughts?

To be honest, I think they may be a bit high, but personally, not enough for me to worry about...others may want to sort it out though. The thrust line of the outboard props are central to the leading edge though, which is how they should be I've read. Either way, it's still a very nice kit.

Steve