Tamiya 1/32 Birdcage Corsair Engine Cowlings

Dainis

Before mounting the engine on the fuselage, I tried dry fitting the engine cowlings around the engine. To my horror, they do not fit. WT*. What am I doing wrong. There is no question that I assembled the engines and exhausts correctly. Everything fits together perfectly. Except the cowlings around the engine.HELP!:BANGHEAD2:

Examine the insides of the cowl.  There are indentations in them that allow clearance for the rocker box covers on the engine (at least there were in the F4U-1A kit).  Also, make sure you're installing the cowl in the correct orientation, there is a front and a back (or at least it SEEMS there's a front and a back from working with mine) and may also have something to do with the indentations for the rocker box covers.  It will fit like a glove when you get the orientation correct.

Edited by Juggernut
spelling

There are very subtle marks on the inside of the Tamiya Corsair cowlings showing orientation.  The orientation arrow is at the bottom center of the lower cowling as I recall.  I have built two corsairs, if you put it on right it goes together if you don't it won't.