Jennings Heilig

KA Models 3D printed exhausts

If you guys haven't discovered these guys (I believe they're located in the ROK), their stuff is positively jaw-dropping.  I don't know what kind of 3D printer they're using, but I want one!  It's just amazing.  You pay for it, but it's simply unequaled from what I've seen.  They do all kinds of afterburner nozzles in various scales.

I just ordered 2 of their 1/48 sets this past weekend when 48ers.com had a sale-the F-16 Blk 52 nozzle and A/B set, and legacy Hornet open nozzles A/B set. 

A fantastic, albeit pricey product. But they have quality control issues, and sometimes you get defective product. Then you find out their customer service sucks. Since they use PayPal, make sure that if you receive a defective product that you comply with PayPal refund time limits and put your claim for refund in on time. Don't trust them to "do the right thing" or you might take a huge loss.

1 hour ago, modelingbob said:

A fantastic, albeit pricey product. But they have quality control issues, and sometimes you get defective product. Then you find out their customer service sucks. Since they use PayPal, make sure that if you receive a defective product that you comply with PayPal refund time limits and put your claim for refund in on time. Don't trust them to "do the right thing" or you might take a huge loss.

Poor customer service sets me off unfortunately. Are you saying that if there are defective parts they won't reply, or won't replace them, or........? Sounds like you have personal experience and got a refund through PayPal? If the aforementioned is correct, how much time elapsed before you contacted PayPal and went for a refund? Thank you for the heads-up. Hopefully I won't have any problems.

37 minutes ago, TBC said:

Poor customer service sets me off unfortunately. Are you saying that if there are defective parts they won't reply, or won't replace them, or........? Sounds like you have personal experience and got a refund through PayPal? If the aforementioned is correct, how much time elapsed before you contacted PayPal and went for a refund? Thank you for the heads-up. Hopefully I won't have any problems.

You're ordering from the 48'ers (which is a good thing as I've never had a bad customer service experience from them), so I wouldn't worry. I was talking about ordering direct from KA via their website, in which they take PayPal. In those cases, broken/defective parts were received (not sure if they were damaged in transit or not, or defective from the factory, but there wasn't any residual broken parts in the box). Customer service was contacted, and they promptly replied that they would send out replacement parts, but they said they had a "backorder" problem, so it might take a little time to receive the parts. Never got the replacement parts, and waited past the 180 day PayPal claim period, so PayPal claim was denied. Subsequent queries to KA have gone unanswered. Hopefully, they will do the right thing and eventually send the parts. The lesson learned is, if you pay via PayPal, follow PayPal policies for refunds, and don't trust ANY (not just KA!) manufacturer!

5 hours ago, iaf-man said:

How are their detail sets compared to others-Eduard,CMK etc?

Much better.  I have no experience with their customer service (or lack of same), but the products I have seen are simply unequaled.