F-104A Starfighter "U.S.Navy - NAWS China Lake"

Memir

On 12/3/2019 at 9:27 AM, Kagemusha said:

Exceptionally impressive, even better than the real thing. Were the aircraft specific markings achieved by masks? 

Thanks for sharing! 

Yes. I made my own masks. I used Oramask 810 foil and Silhouette Cameo plotter.

9 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

The Starfighter is such a cool jet! Great job! Only critique is I don't think those early 104's had the arrestor hook yet. Doesn't take away from it though!

Great finish and it looks fast just sitting on the ramp!

Cheers...Ron

Hi Ron. Many thanks for feedback and I really appreciate your comment. I did not realise "A" versions were missing the hook and checking my reference you are absolutely right!

I missed that badly... I will remove the hook and will cover the hook attachment bay.

That's great that people like you share the extra knowledge they have and actually push this hobby further.

Many thanks again!

You're welcome! My dad flew F-104A's at Edwards from 1958 to 1964. So being around them when I was a young guy kinda made me fond of them. The J-79 would howl when the pilot pulled the throttle back from the airflow to the fan. Also...those early 104's had downward ejection seats....unfortunately it killed a lot of pilots from getting into trouble close to the ground. Again...great build! 

Cheers....Ron

• 3 weeks later...