1/32nd Revell Bf109G-10 Eric Hartrmann Scheme

Bill Dedig

I know this has been done (Great build on this site) . But I needed My Own.

ShjG4En.jpg

Kit decals ,which I thought were great. Barracuda Resin on Small wing bump section and on Spinner/Props (Prop Alignment jig). HGW Seatbelts, Uschi Line for antenna.

qTK2OdK.jpg

Kit decals were used for all the markings especially the spinner and Tulips as they settled perfect and were better than my trying to paint them.

O6IUnlb.jpg

I cut all the clear from the Insignia and used a Scrap set of markings on the tail. I did add some brake lines but tough to see in my photos.Lightly weathered as this is a 300 plane Ace mount.

YrxOazW.jpg

Thanks for Looking and comments are always welcome

Regards

Bill D

The paint job is beautiful 

I think you should have used masks for the chevrons - it shows an inconsistency  where it overlaps the panel line of the circular access port

now I know that you don’t see it in a casual glance, but it is a shame given the exquisite nature of your painting

i hope that makes sense?

2 hours ago, mozart said:

Damned if I can see any "inconsistency" with the chevrons, that's a fine looking Bf109 to my eyes!!

bottom of port side chevron: the panel line of the round access port is (correctly) visible through some of it, but not all; one of the vagaries of using decals.

it’s a teeny thing, and only visible on close inspection, but it’s still there

rather than just say ‘great job’ (which I have already done) I am trying to offer constructive criticis / critique. 

‘at-a-boys’ sound cool - and we all like to receive them - but I’m not sure they help us get any better

15 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

bottom of port side chevron: the panel line of the round access port is (correctly) visible through some of it, but not all; one of the vagaries of using decals.

it’s a teeny thing, and only visible on close inspection, but it’s still there

rather than just say ‘great job’ (which I have already done) I am trying to offer constructive criticis / critique. 

‘at-a-boys’ sound cool - and we all like to receive them - but I’m not sure they help us get any better

I accept all of that Nick, I’ve never been one to just say “nice (my most hated word) build“ and always try to offer an objective or encouraging comment but about “teeny” things?! I question whether Harttman’s real Bf109 was perfect in every respect. 

Not an expert on things Germanic, but that looks great to me, I am the complete opposite when it comes to decals v paint as I am rubbish with decals, the tulip and spinner decals would give me sleepless nights but yours look great.

Cheers

Dennis