Sign in to follow this  
Jennings Heilig

F-15 style 600 gallon tank dimensions?

Hi Jennings

The size is only one issue. On all the 1/32 models the tanks are depicted as being cylindrical with pointed ends whereas the tank has a almost continuous curve. When I get to my f-15 build someday, I think I will try and modify the 600 Gal tanks from the Academy Sufa. They are only 1,5 mm wide at the widest point, which can be sanded down. but the shape is better and the length can easily be stretched 6 mm by a plastic card plug in the center. You could probably go the same route in 1/48.

Nick

A few years back, I ran into quite a large pile of Eagle tanks that were no longer being used by the local MOANG. While I could have easily purchased one then, I did not, and have regretted it ever since.

16 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Hi Jennings

The size is only one issue. On all the 1/32 models the tanks are depicted as being cylindrical with pointed ends whereas the tank has a almost continuous curve. When I get to my f-15 build someday, I think I will try and modify the 600 Gal tanks from the Academy Sufa. They are only 1,5 mm wide at the widest point, which can be sanded down. but the shape is better and the length can easily be stretched 6 mm by a plastic card plug in the center. You could probably go the same route in 1/48.

Nick

Yeah, I'm noticing that.  I'm going to hit Jeff at Hypersonic up to see if he has any interest in maybe doing some new ones.  He's deeeeeeep into his injection molded 1/48 SR-71 at the moment.

A Hypersonic F-15 fuel tank would be welcome - both to correct shapes and to load the Tamiya kit with more than one.