Tamiya F-51D Inbound?

John1

I’m just happy they released anything.   Was starting to think they were getting out of the 32nd scale market.   I’d love to see a brand new subject but I guess I can live with a few spin-offs for a bit. 

10 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Pray that this means an eventual 1/32 Mosquito B.Mk.IV.

B IV good - PR IV even better!  (And they have form in that area, their smaller-scale bomber Mossies both include PR options)

9 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Not to mention an FAA Corsair.

Ooh, yes.

8 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that.  Far too narrow a focus, but then we're talking about Tamiya, so who knows.

I'd be wanting a decal set for that too, but if it's too narrow a focus, who's going to release one?  :hmmm: Hang on a minute http://www.fundekals.com/corsair_RN.html     ;)

Which bits? Except the already present Sutton harness and the fact most planes had shortened wing tips, I do not see any other difference. Furthermore, the wing tips parts just ask for a cut. With regard to decals, various sets have been released for different FAA Corsair marks. 

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Which bits? Except the already present Sutton harness and the fact most planes had shortened wing tips, I do not see any other difference. Furthermore, the wing tips parts just ask for a cut. With regard to decals, various sets have been released for different FAA Corsair marks. 

Just the shortened wingtips.  You could do the surgery but I figured it would be better done with new resin wingtips.  The fact that no one has tells me that despite the clamor on some websites,  the demand for this version is actually pretty low. 

Edited by John1

I guess this is probably linked to the fact the conversion just asks for half an hour of work and FAA decals are available. So why wait for a specific boxing? The situation is quite different for the F-51D. There are various internal and external differences that are not well documented, not covered by any conversion set and up to the arrival of a second decal set coming from Eastern Europe three months ago we just had a single AIMS decal set in spite of the incredible number of very attractive schemes. I intended to build a F-51D from one of my kits but I will get that new box without hesitation. 

Just a though occurred to me about this forthcoming F-51D: I really hope they include the appropriate parts (which are already in the Pacific boxing) to do an RF-51D.  

I'll look fwd to being able to do an ANG F-51D.

Still waiting for a bullnose Mosquito night fighter (in fact, a combo offering with the thimble nose too would be even better). 

Agree about the PR.IV — HKM missed an opportunity by not offering a photo recce option, with cameras and clear peepholes.

Tony

• 1 month later...

I guess that maybe I am probably in a small percentile - but I have always held out hope that a kit or conversion would be done in 1/32 for a TF-51 dual control and also a reno racing version with the clipped wings and low profile canopy - especially since Draw Decals has decals for Dago Red, Strega, Voodoo and many other racers from over the years... Oh well - dare to dream...

MIke