Hobby Boss 1/18 Me-262 in 2020

Jan_G

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

As this offering seems to be official new Hobby Boss "biggie" for 2020, does this mean I'm not getting a 1/32 Halifax, Catalina or Hustler then?

Tony 

Patience Grasshopper, patience. ;)

On 11/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, CATCplSlade said:

It's probably a rebadge of the 21st release as the nightfighter had the bombs.

Why on earth would Hobbyboss/Trumpeter rehash the 21st Century kit when they have the CADS of a very nice 262 in their library already released in 48th and 32nd?

If its simply the 32nd kit blown up it will be a great start point for a collection center piece.

1 hour ago, Darren Howie said:

Why on earth would Hobbyboss/Trumpeter rehash the 21st Century kit when they have the CADS of a very nice 262 in their library already released in 48th and 32nd?

If its simply the 32nd kit blown up it will be a great start point for a collection center piece.

Im no kit manufacturer, but I would suppose its due to the fact that blowing up a kit to a larger/smaller scale is quite a bit more involved than it would seem, and/or the fact that they likely already had the rights and molds to the 1/18th scale 21st Cent kit. 

It seems like a possible no-brainer from a manufacturers perspective, as the 21st cent kit is there in the right scale, ready to produce with little extra effort VS trying to blow up/scale up their 32nd version (which I'm also assuming would substantially increase the models price as well).

Just a guess as I have not really studied this, but I have to assume this is a re-do of the 21st century toy product.

I think in this case that is OK with me.

In this size, I think I would try to do some stressed skin/oil canning type stuff.  

Definitely something to keep an eye on!