Hobby Boss 1/18 Me-262 in 2020

Jan_G

If it is the JSI/Merritt/ 21 Century......it will have flaps and slats.......I suspect there is a 2 seater as well.

I hope our friends at MPM/HPH, who did an 18th scale 262, can put together a detail set for this kit.

Edited by Rob Colvin

Can anybody comment on the 21st Century toy, which I believe is the origin of this kit? Shapes, proportions, major faults - is it true to the real thing? I do realize it is oversimplified, but I am just wondering if it has many major outline mistakes which would be difficult/impossible to correct.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:00 AM, Andrea Ferrari said:

Can anybody comment on the 21st Century toy, which I believe is the origin of this kit? Shapes, proportions, major faults - is it true to the real thing? I do realize it is oversimplified, but I am just wondering if it has many major outline mistakes which would be difficult/impossible to correct.

Unfortunately I sold my nachtjager years ago, but consensus was it was pretty close to the mark. The Admiral version was also considered quite good; they both had little pros and cons of their own. 21st had Roy Sutherland working for them as a project manager and he was the one who pushed for the 'less toy, more replica' appearance.

1 hour ago, CATCplSlade said:

Unfortunately I sold my nachtjager years ago, but consensus was it was pretty close to the mark. The Admiral version was also considered quite good; they both had little pros and cons of their own. 21st had Roy Sutherland working for them as a project manager and he was the one who pushed for the 'less toy, more replica' appearance.

Thanks - that makes it even more inviting! Now it remains to be seen if Trumpeter will be coming out with a 1/24 kit of their own...