1/32 Buccaneer S2B - Icelandic Fine Arts

Scotsman

Nope not a thing Since I'm heading toward decalin , yes really updates to follow,  I'm gong to bodge a set of markings together ,using generis stripes, Roundels, and stenciling from other sources from the likes of the Hawk generic sets , really it's not to big a job to bodge together a ser for an RAF aircraft , but yes a complete set would be nice, I'm really not holding my breath!

If anyone is  interested I've just completed  the airframe to the extent that I'm gearing up for the green element of the camo , wings went of a month of so ago, and I've been tidying up the airframe to get it ready for painting, Primer is very unforgiving at times

The Sea Eagles have been completed and painted as have the pylons and launch rails. The longest job in all this was the fairing in of the front canopy which required a fair bit of grinding, shimming up , an finally filling to get it looking like it was part of the aircraft and not just stuck on top, you have been warned. 

Seats - Hmmm.. well anyone who has the kit knows that the seats while looking ok , are not that crisp as regards casting , so a pair of MD 6's from Quickbook meant for the F-8 Crusader  and a load of card enhancement mean I have a set that now looks the part (sort of)

Sp as I said pics to follow but working from home,(IT Support for the NHS - I'll leave you to imagine what its been like recently) has eaten into my modelling time somewhat!

Stay safe  guys and pics soon - promise!

Happy Easter to all , and I do hope I find you are al well , as Promised Some pics of the Buc ,

I was holding off until I had something worthwhile posting, and since last night instead of scoffing Easter Eggs I had the airbrush out to complete the green  element of  the camo, and since for once the paint job came out as well as I could have hoped for .. I thought it it was time for the camera to come out ..

lhZKwpl.jpg

xVvnAdV.jpg

LL9X7qe.jpg

The belly of the beat .. the wheel well inserts are int he kit , with a few minor enhancements

ecNZXLv.jpg

Odds and sods.. seats and intake FOD guards, The seats are modified MB6s and the guards are scratchbuilt

SAD6n3M.jpg

Weapons - . complete Sea Eagles and pylons, painted ad awaiting Decaling 

baHC5eO.jpg

Decals.. Hmm , Its starting to dawn on me just what a jib this will be without a complete set , it looks like Kit World have other things to worry about then producing a small run of sheets , so lots spare sheets , including the ones in the kit , which do look to be fairly usable 

So there you go the only RAF Camo'ed 1/32 Buccaneer anywhere in the world?

ColinR

Edited by Scotsman
bad spelling and typing make me cry!