1/32 Buccaneer S2B - Icelandic Fine Arts

Scotsman

Just now, blackbetty said:

uh-oh...

no way in hell i am going to cut off the tail and fit the replacement brake

In that case, you will 'just' have to sand the bulge in the cross-section of the one cast with the fuselage and scribe the lines between the airbrake, the actuator fairing and the rear fuselage. Another painful step for the planes used lately is the reinforcements added on each airbrake side... 

no way in hell i am going to cut off the tail and fit the replacement brake

I understand the sentiment , BUT the brakes as cast in the original fuselage halves is WAY undersized ,  you might want to do something I didn't think to do and that is get a hold of the airwaves 1/48th airbrake set , get a photocopier, enlarge the set to 150% - and you have a set of fairly decent patterns for the extensions -  Thierry mentioned that in one of his posts , and its an excellent idea 

CR

Oh as for the Pylons - yup I'll cast some sets - but be aware its a fairly amateurish setup , but I will use standard Resin , the fiberglass stuff is a a total PITA to work with , owing to the back its pretty well bulletproof

Give me a couple of weeks to get the resin, sour our another mould and cast a few sets 

Regarding the airbrakes there is no simple solution to use the separate ones. With regards to the Airwaves part, take care as they have a problem. The slot for the actuator is far too long as the part was made to match the Airfix part that has an error there. I did not buy the set. I used a good picture, re-dimension it to 1/32 and print it! This is cheaper! 

1 hour ago, blackbetty said:

Thierry, care to share the picture?

i think about using the bomb bay part as a master and vacform the bay. i should be then easier to mount.

Possibly!

Personally, I will simply saw the existing one and add the bulged door. I will use my Japanese saw as I succeeded in cutting the actuators out of the airbrake parts or the recessed area for the hook within a pencil line! So, I can work precisely with such a tool.

I'm back with a short decal update, Nigel i currently prepping for new years trade shows and as such has indicated he will finalise the details of decal ordering as soon as things calm down. 

In the meantime, the work going on here is superlative. it will be great to see the end results of Alan's project come to fruition. 

Keep up the great work! 

12 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Possibly!

Personally, I will simply saw the existing one and add the bulged door. I will use my Japanese saw as I succeeded in cutting the actuators out of the airbrake parts or the recessed area for the hook within a pencil line! So, I can work precisely with such a tool.

Can you specify which Japanese saw you use Thierry? And did the resin formula blunt the teeth at all?

Just in case a few extra blades would need ordering with it.

I've generally used Radu's photo etched cutters recently, but that's only been on plastic.