1/32 Tamiya F-4D 'Terrible Tyke'

David Mooney

Hello all, 

I have been rather busy working of late but I have found time between working with real aircraft to finish my F-4D. 

Im sure many are aware that the Tamiya kit is a dream to build and goes together very well, I used Mr Colour paint which I believe are the best on the market at the moment, the colours I used were 303 (FS34102), 310 ((FS 30219) and 320 (Dark Green)……….and black for the bottom :-)

Sadly the decals were in a poor state and fragmented as soon as they hit the water, so I purchased the Warbirds Decals set (32009) which were superb and set well on the aircraft and into any details very well and recommended. 

I didn't like the fit of the intakes to the ducting, so I thought it a far better idea to use the Quickboost (QB 32089) set of intake covers. 

The seats are aftermarket, but I cant tell you who made them as they came free with the kit (from a certain auction site) 

All the weapon pylons are removable, this is done using small earth magnets in the wings and pylon locations.

7qsnGgLh.jpg

mvHoLLqh.jpg

3N2ZYHah.jpg

2G23W0Eh.jpg

sVGJ3Myh.jpg

ChjOeLAh.jpg

UtNLkhIh.jpg

us3Nzxth.jpg

kfzJZ0Nh.jpg

rmimxdVh.jpg

mnbTPpOh.jpg

I hope you like it, it is certainly my best build so far. All comments are welcome, thanks for looking