Coastal Command Mosquito Question

John1

Hi folks,

Looking for some feedback on a particular Mosquito, specifically VV-A, as shown below.

X32058_2.jpg?t=

I've always had a thing for Banff Mosquitoes, I find that part of the war to be pretty fascinating (and neglected by many).  My question is - the few pics and profiles of VV-A all show this aircraft to be without rocket rails and underwing tanks.  Is this accurate?  I'm hoping it is because I really like the EDSG / Sky paint scheme.  I always thought that by the time this scheme was introduced, RP's were a standard fitting.  If this is the case, I can't build VV-A since there are no 32nd RP aftermarket kits out there.    If no RP's, would VV-A have still occasionally been fitted with bomb racks or external tanks?  If tanks, which size?

Any info you folks can provide is most greatly appreciated. 

Aviology do a set of markings for 333 Sq  RNoAF who were attached to the Banff/Dalachy wings acting as outriders for the main attack force, and they didn't have RPs,  this was a factor in me choosing to model their aircraft , I just couldn't bring myself to dill holes in £160 worth of Plastic!

1 hour ago, Scotsman said:

Aviology do a set of markings for 333 Sq  RNoAF who were attached to the Banff/Dalachy wings acting as outriders for the main attack force, and they didn't have RPs,  this was a factor in me choosing to model their aircraft , I just couldn't bring myself to dill holes in £160 worth of Plastic!

Avialogy does some really nice stuff, unfortunately, most of their decals, including this one appear to be sold out.