Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000B/C/D & N

Stokey Pete

Interesting problem. Not sure if this what you meant, but cut out panels on the top of the wing above the gear bays, then build the bays from the bottom up and then re-glue upper wing panels back over it?

For the cockpit, the only way I could see doing it (and there would be major pucker factor involved) would be to cut fuselage off just forward of the engine intakes, slide cockpit tub in from the rear. If the tub assembly was built with a large plug at the rear to be able to glue the rear fuselage to, should still have the strength to keep it together.

38 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

So maybe we can start a separate thread about the 1/18 kit, since it’s not related to the KH 1/32 kit, and may be confusing seeing pictures and comments and not realizing that it’s about a different kit than the topic of this thread?

I don't think it's confusing at all, - nice to have input from a fellow member of a passion project of the same subject.

The title only refers to the the 2000C, yet mention has been made of the B, D, N, and - 5, the details of which are much more confusing - I plan on building a B from the D/N kit which should be fun researching. 

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

I don't think it's confusing at all, - nice to have input from a fellow member of a passion project of the same subject.

The title only refers to the the 2000C, yet mention has been made of the B, D, N, and - 5, the details of which are much more confusing - I plan on building a B from the D/N kit which should be fun researching. 

The title refers to a 1/32 Kitty Hawk kit, not some 1/18 resin kit from a company few have heard of.  This is how thread hijacking happens.  When people see new comments have been posted to this thread, they likely expect to see new info on the KH kit, or information on references or the real Mirage 2000 that can be used to help detail the kit when it gets into people’s hands.

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

So maybe we can start a separate thread about the 1/18 kit, since it’s not related to the KH 1/32 kit, and may be confusing seeing pictures and comments and not realizing that it’s about a different kit than the topic of this thread?

Dave sorry if it feel i hijacked the thread. I will probably start a new one once we get closer to starting the hph build. Sorry again

K

13 hours ago, karimb said:

pictures below. The kit looks raw in those photos but it is actually much much more refined. Some areas look like they have dents but the reality is the fiber shell is smooth as glass, the areas that look like dents is where the color dye hasn’t spread during the molding process. HPH had to delay the molding because of the heat during summer 2018 in Czech Republic. The molding is through the vertical axis of the aircraft so you are left with a protrusion that needs to be sanded out. The “kit” comes with all the resin goodies in three massive tupperware type boxes. Very nicely detailed bays, cockpit is an excellent base for superdetailing, paint masks, two vac form canopies and the stencils to make a french armée de l’air machine in two tone gray.

i am ready to roll on that one once i figure out how i am going to cut the shell to insert the gear bay areas and the cockpit as the shell is a solid continuous surface, albeit hollow. 
In one of the photos i have placed a wingnut wings Junkers D.1 for size comparison. 
if this beast is built up to a high standard and you take your time on it it will turn into an epic showstopper!

Karim

i-2P6Txrt-600x400.jpg

i-rc4spx3-600x400.jpg

i-SrL25q4-600x400.jpg

Very impressive Karim - thanks for the images. I look forward to seeing this come to life in your skilled hands!

Best regards

Derek

On 11/28/2019 at 2:29 AM, Dave Williams said:

The title refers to a 1/32 Kitty Hawk kit, not some 1/18 resin kit from a company few have heard of.  This is how thread hijacking happens.  When people see new comments have been posted to this thread, they likely expect to see new info on the KH kit, or information on references or the real Mirage 2000 that can be used to help detail the kit when it gets into people’s hands.

There are no rules stating that all posts in a thread have to relate directly to the topic in the title, Karim responded to requests to post photos of his model - incidentally HpH have been producing 1/32 kits for much longer than Kitty Hawk, and unsurprising have a larger catalogue.

To suggest that the mention of the 1/18 kit is an attempt at thread hijacking is beyond comprehension. 

If in future you find any posts offensive please use the report function so the staff can deal with it, and no thread drift occurs, thanks.

On 11/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, dutik said:

Is it possible to build a Peruavian 2000P? And were to get proper decals?

Or are there any plans by KH to add more variants?

Rgards

- dutik

Even without the required kit parts, it shouldn't be rocket science to build a 2000P from the kit.

4mf4fat.jpg

In a nutshell:

Step 1: Sand down those friggin' diverter strips - RDM/RDI radar equipped aircraft don't have them. The diverter strips are a unique feature of the RDY equipped -5/-9 variants.

Step 2: The characteristic IFF antennae can be easily replicated from strip styrene.

Step 3: Peruvian Ps feature a slightly longer rearward RWR fairing. Again, strip styrene to the rescue in order to extend the kit part. Some sanding required...

Step 4: Rear hemisphere jammer housing/antenna - sand down any raised structures.

Step 5: Omit the original lower fuselage radar altimeter antenna.

Ich würde mal sagen, nix Wildes... B)

HTH

Ivan

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Not yet.  The original Ebay listing that I bought from had estimated delivery as early as Dec 2, but when I check it my Ebay summary, now it says estimated delivery Dec 4 -17

Is Glen from Kitty Hawk in Delaware? I got a shipping notice from USPS and that's the only thing I can think of that's coming from there.

I contacted Sophia through eBay regarding shipping and I have cut and pasted her reply to me below:

Hi Sir

The kit will be ready at the early of December, and will ship it out by UPS/DHL. Please wait some more days!

Regards
Sophia
Kitty Hawk Corp.