Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000B/C/D & N

Stokey Pete

2 hours ago, Orfordness said:

Dies anyone's engine nozzle actually fit?

The resin one I have us a good 1-2mm too small??

indeed the kit nozzle is too small , for my part , I replaced it by the reskit set , which fit perfectly , and is  moreover very well ( much more ) detailed ... 

Alain

you can do as Nick ( Cheetah 11) , he has deduced the rear end fuselage diameter , take a look at his WIP   .................. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Just ordered a set along with the Duke Hawkins book. 

I've found this book a little underwhelming. Especially the lack of good all-angle photos on the 2000D and 2000N cockpits. If you're building a single seater or a 2000B, the book is much more useable.

It sure is advisable to buy aftermarket decals for your Mirage 2000D/N. I've bought the Berna Decals sheet for the -2000N and there are some remarkable differences:

IMG_2215-vi.jpg

Top is Berna, bottom is KH. See the difference in the shade of blue used for the roundels. In real life the KH roundels are somewhat lighter, but still not the right kind of pale blue the AdlA uses. Also observe the difference in size between the registrations.

IMG_2216-vi.jpg

Top: KH, bottom Berna. See the difference in size of the Rescue arrows. I found it funny to see that the KH decals speak of "Pour libeler le pilote" which is of course all right for a single-seater. But this kit contains the dual-version, so Berna has the black decal saying: "Pour lebber les pilotes".

IMG_2217-vi.jpg

I found the difference between the walkways quite remarkable too.

Cheers,

Erik.

I have yet to use them, but with KHMs apparent demise, Im getting closer to possibly using them on my 2000N (only thing holding me back is the summer time, and the fact that I may have a Jet Mads Viggen with me when I do decide to pick things back up).

I picked up the FCM sheet (which does look very good to my untrained eye) and will be doing the 2000N out of Nancy France, 1993.

7yU59xr.jpeg

32-26%20Instruction1.jpg

I had a couple of questions regarding the D/N boxing. Looking through some books and photos, would I be correct in assuming:

- the spine parts B3 and B26 are correct for a -D, but parts B4 and B5 are the proper parts for a -B or -N

- intake part E52 is correct for a -B, but B15 is meant for -D or -N versions

And can someone explain the difference between the nose assembly in Step 32 (using B17, B12, and B13) and what one would get using B6, B18, and B19? I’m guessing there’s some kind of reasoning behind having both in the kit.

And my last question - I’m guessing the same rules apply regarding the various fin tips since they’re a carryover from the -C boxing?

I was pleased to see that Quinta Studios came out with IPs for various two-seaters which will make the build a little more pleasant. 

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

John

On 6/19/2021 at 5:30 PM, jgrease said:

I had a couple of questions regarding the D/N boxing. Looking through some books and photos, would I be correct in assuming:

- the spine parts B3 and B26 are correct for a -D, but parts B4 and B5 are the proper parts for a -B or -N

- intake part E52 is correct for a -B, but B15 is meant for -D or -N versions

And can someone explain the difference between the nose assembly in Step 32 (using B17, B12, and B13) and what one would get using B6, B18, and B19? I’m guessing there’s some kind of reasoning behind having both in the kit.

And my last question - I’m guessing the same rules apply regarding the various fin tips since they’re a carryover from the -C boxing?

I was pleased to see that Quinta Studios came out with IPs for various two-seaters which will make the build a little more pleasant. 

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

John

Hi!

For the spine you are correct.

For the intake, D and N do not have the police light on top of the LH air intake, the B does. so you are correct as well.

For the nose: B6+B18+B19 is for a -B. B12+B13+B17 for a D. If you want to build a N, you need the same assemble as the D but you will need to remove the lightning stripes on B17 (they are visible only on the D) and you will need to add a pitot tube.

Another thing: if you want to build a D: there are two air scoops installed on the belly of the A/C, close to the center line. They are unfortunately missing from the kit. They are however in the single seater kit as they are also fitted on the -5 version.

Regarding the fins, be extra carefull. For a D, I would go with D34. for a N D75, for a B, D74.

on the single seat kit, you need some surgery for somes versions (typically for the french -5, none of the fins are correct..

I hope this helps.

Edited by discus

Can anyone say if the Reskit wheels are a good addition?

I normally like their attention to detail, but nobody has any in the UK or on eBay.

What I'm unclear on is if the wheels are identical across all versions.

Edited by Chek

29 minutes ago, Chek said:

Can anyone say if the Reskit wheels are a good addition?

I normally like their attention to detail, but nobody has any in the UK or on eBay.

I found that too so as in the past I’ve ordered direct from Reskit. 2 sets of wheels and 2 Exhausts all for my Mirage pair and a set of wheels for the Italeri Tornado. 

17 hours ago, discus said:

Hi!

For the spine you are correct.

For the intake, D and N do not have the police light on top of the LH air intake, the B does. so you are correct as well.

For the nose: B6+B18+B19 is for a -B. B12+B13+B17 for a D. If you want to build a N, you need the same assemble as the D but you will need to remove the lightning stripes on B17 (they are visible only on the D) and you will need to add a pitot tube.

Another thing: if you want to build a D: there are two air scoops installed on the belly of the A/C, close to the center line. They are unfortunately missing from the kit. They are however in the single seater kit as they are also fitted on the -5 version.

Regarding the fins, be extra carefull. For a D, I would go with D34. for a N D75, for a B, D74.

on the single seat kit, you need some surgery for somes versions (typically for the french -5, none of the fins are correct..

I hope this helps.

Do you have the part numbers for the belly scoops in the single seater kit?  Thanks.

As I currently have a couple of Kittyhawk Mirage's in the stash doing nothing, as well as real interest in South America conflicts, I am thinking of building one into a South American aircraft.

I am unsure at the moment whether to convert a 2000C into a Peruvian Air Force 2000P or a 2000D into a 2000D/P. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the Mirage is next to zero, so I would be grateful if any of the experts out there and on the forum could assist. I did come across an old ARC Forum thread dealing with the subject (albeit in 1/72 scale) with some titbits of info but any information or directions you can point me in would be extremely useful and I would be most grateful.

Regards and good modelling,

Gary  

On 6/21/2021 at 4:46 PM, Dave Williams said:

Do you have the part numbers for the belly scoops in the single seater kit?  Thanks.

Yep B8 and B9

The good thing is that as I built c variant out of the single seater box, I retained those parts for my upcoming D. ;)