Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000B/C/D & N

Stokey Pete

4 hours ago, eoyguy said:

I actually went ahead and ordered one from this link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kitty-Hawk-KH32020-Mirage-2000C-Model-Kits-New/153749886832?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I figured its $19 bucks and I have been very successful getting refunds from Paypal, so it's a bit of entertainment more than anything. I spent more than that at the local KFC the other day, and at least this one isn't likely to cause me the intestinal distress THAT $20 investment got me...:unsure: Amazingly, they have actually sent me something (according to the tracking) so I can't wait to see what actually arrives. My bet is empty box...:rofl:

Probably get a key chain - the standard item for these ebay scams.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:14 AM, eoyguy said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kitty-Hawk-KH32020-Mirage-2000C-Model-Kits-New/153749886832?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I figured its $19 bucks and I have been very successful getting refunds from Paypal, so it's a bit of entertainment more than anything. I spent more than that at the local KFC the other day, and at least this one isn't likely to cause me the intestinal distress THAT $20 investment got me...:unsure: Amazingly, they have actually sent me something (according to the tracking) so I can't wait to see what actually arrives. My bet is empty box...:rofl:

Don’t get the appeal of responding to a fake Ebay listing just for entertainment.  It’s just emboldens them to keep doing this to people.  You aren’t hurting the scammer.  They’ll be long gone with the money before the reckoning comes and then do it all over again under a new fake ID.  You’ll get your money back from PayPal, but that just means PayPal eats the loss.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Don’t get the appeal of responding to a fake Ebay listing just for entertainment.  It’s just emboldens them to keep doing this to people.  You aren’t hurting the scammer.  They’ll be long gone with the money before the reckoning comes and then do it all over again under a new fake ID.  You’ll get your money back from PayPal, but that just means PayPal eats the loss.

Yeah I got snagged early on for a 1/48 GWH mig-29 for a good price and learned my lesson about these scumbag scammers...However, Paypal will probably not eat it, they'll just pass it on to all their users by implementing higher fee's. 

Edited by The Dude

5 hours ago, TBC said:

FWIW I was emailed that kit has been shipped and have a UPS tracking number.

Well a tracking number was created but nothing's moved according to my UPS tracking. Delivery estimate is next Friday.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:14 AM, eoyguy said:

i did the same. I recived a Lego figure and got the money back from paypal

Edited by allbann

When is the kit going to be available in the UK? Anyone here offering a pre-order facility?

Any sprue shots on show anywhere?  Would be nice to see the kit before the pedants get their crayons out. 

Thanks

Tony

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

When is the kit going to be available in the UK? Anyone here offering a pre-order facility?

Any sprue shots on show anywhere?  Would be nice to see the kit before the pedants get their crayons out. 

Thanks

Tony

Allô, M. Glen (Coleman)?

23 hours ago, Tony T said:

Thanks

Tony

Lol, if the sprue shots were out, the red crayons would probably already have come out.  I usually keep an eye on moxing.net and Hobby Search since they usually have sprue shots and instructions up shortly after the kit is released.

Not sure what’s happening with my kit.  UPS tracking details shows nothing except label created last Friday, but my UPS delivery calendar shows delivery tomorrow.  Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

56 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Lol, if the sprue shots were out, the red crayons would probably already have come out.  I usually keep an eye on moxing.net and Hobby Search since they usually have sprue shots and instructions up shortly after the kit is released.

Not sure what’s happening with my kit.  UPS tracking details shows nothing except label created last Friday, but my UPS delivery calendar shows delivery tomorrow.  Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

At least you have some sort of notification, my inbox has been stubbornly silent for some time. Even though Sophia indicated that they were going out 'at the end of the week'.