Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000B/C/D & N

Stokey Pete

48 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

A few am decal sheets, 1, 2, and 3.

like these sheets a lot, I just wish syh@rt would scale up a few of his sets....man who would have ever thought of a kitted mirage 2000...damn exciting times we live in...

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Planned for this a year ago and went and got a custom made custom produced (#6 produced) 1/18 scale mirage 2000C from HPH which i plan to finish in HAF livery. Unfortunately kh has my choice of scheme in their decal sheet :fight:.

I’ll pass on the kh offering but i hope you guys enjoy building it!

K

36 minutes ago, karimb said:

Planned for this a year ago and went and got a custom made custom produced (#6 produced) 1/18 scale mirage 2000C from HPH which i plan to finish in HAF livery. Unfortunately kh has my choice of scheme in their decal sheet :fight:.

I’ll pass on the kh offering but i hope you guys enjoy building it!

K

Hi Karim

any pix of the 1/18 2000C?

Thx

I think they're only planning on  single seat and two seat releases, one of each, so highly doubtful there will be a Peruvian option, maybe one of the South American decal producers - FCM, Antarki? - will fill the gap. 

I hope you post your build on here Karim, would love to see your Big, Big, Mirage 2000 from start to finish. 

hi

I am eagerly waiting for this kit , for a while, as every French modelers :mental:I hope that details are here , especially in the wheel wells  ( not only :) ) , I have D Hawkins's book too , if you take a look to the gear bays pictures ,and if you like tiny details , these pictures "would frighten"  you  ... very "busy" area  :hmmm:

Alain

On 11/25/2019 at 6:54 PM, rafju said:

Hi Karim

any pix of the 1/18 2000C?

Thx

On 11/25/2019 at 8:33 PM, Kagemusha said:

I think they're only planning on  single seat and two seat releases, one of each, so highly doubtful there will be a Peruvian option, maybe one of the South American decal producers - FCM, Antarki? - will fill the gap. 

I hope you post your build on here Karim, would love to see your Big, Big, Mirage 2000 from start to finish. 

On 11/25/2019 at 9:50 PM, Stokey Pete said:

1/18th! 

That I gotta see. 

pictures below. The kit looks raw in those photos but it is actually much much more refined. Some areas look like they have dents but the reality is the fiber shell is smooth as glass, the areas that look like dents is where the color dye hasn’t spread during the molding process. HPH had to delay the molding because of the heat during summer 2018 in Czech Republic. The molding is through the vertical axis of the aircraft so you are left with a protrusion that needs to be sanded out. The “kit” comes with all the resin goodies in three massive tupperware type boxes. Very nicely detailed bays, cockpit is an excellent base for superdetailing, paint masks, two vac form canopies and the stencils to make a french armée de l’air machine in two tone gray.

i am ready to roll on that one once i figure out how i am going to cut the shell to insert the gear bay areas and the cockpit as the shell is a solid continuous surface, albeit hollow. 
In one of the photos i have placed a wingnut wings Junkers D.1 for size comparison. 
if this beast is built up to a high standard and you take your time on it it will turn into an epic showstopper!

Karim

i-2P6Txrt-600x400.jpg

i-rc4spx3-600x400.jpg

i-SrL25q4-600x400.jpg

Very impressive, would love to see the resin goodies, when the time arrives. 

For the cut out pieces, would it be suitable to drill a number of small holes, then saw between them, so the required piece can be removed, then file back to the appropriate place? 

It's going to be a showstopper for sure. 

43 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Very impressive, would love to see the resin goodies, when the time arrives. 

For the cut out pieces, would it be suitable to drill a number of small holes, then saw between them, so the required piece can be removed, then file back to the appropriate place? 

It's going to be a showstopper for sure. 

14 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

That looks huge! As Kag says, definitely will be a showstopper when you do your magic on it!

thanks @LSP_Ray!

thanks @Kagemusha!

the problem i meant with regards to fitting the cockpit or gearbays is i will have to cut the space out the find a way to fit the assemblies into a hollow space then have them held back against the surface. I was thinking of cutting the gear bay section out following panel lines then gluing shims on the inside of the wing area. Gluing the bays to the cut out “panel” then regluing this to the shims. I don’t know if the idea is coming across right. 
in the case of the cockpit if i cut out the area where the canopy is, that area isn’t wide enough for me to slip the cockpit in to glue it to the shell so i will have to find another way to get all those big components slipped into the fiberglass shell and secured in position (this example seems to be clearer). Chain drilling is absolutely fine so would be using my set of micro circular pe disc saws mated to the proxxon. This is basically the major thing that has been keeping me holding back from digging in. 
Kag, ill take photos of the whole carton content and post them once i am back from vaca!

K