AM suppliers in Australia?

Gazzas

Hi,

I'm a big fan of BNA model world.  Most of the time they have just what I need.  But for the times they don't,  I'd rather buy from an Aussie supplier if possible.  Metro Hobbies doesn't seem to have an Aftermarket section that I can find using their online shopping catalogue.  Creative Hobbies...  Well, I'm not going to say anything more that my last two dealings with them haven't gone as hoped.   I've looked at a few others and not found much.  Is there anyone else?

It's usually BNA or bust for me, Gaz. As you say, other places often have a good supply of kits, but BNA has the most comprehensive catalogue that reaches across all facets of the hobby. In fact, just recently I've had to order several sets from overseas when I couldn't get them from BNA (or anywhere else in Australia). The only other local online vendor I've tried to use is Sandle Hobbies, which was a less than stellar experience.

Kev

3 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

It's usually BNA or bust for me, Gaz. As you say, other places often have a good supply of kits, but BNA has the most comprehensive catalogue that reaches across all facets of the hobby. In fact, just recently I've had to order several sets from overseas when I couldn't get them from BNA (or anywhere else in Australia). The only other local online vendor I've tried to use is Sandle Hobbies, which was a less than stellar experience.

Kev

I'd really like to see what the inside of BNA looks like.  They must have a ton of inventory.  And it must be pretty organized because they are always fast.  I wonder if they're hiring?  LOL

9 hours ago, Kahunaminor said:

Mate,

Frontline in NSW is also fairly well stocked IIRC.

Regards

PS What are you after? I may have it in stock at Kentco.......

Thanks for the kind offer, Kent.  I've long forgotten about Frontline Hobbies.  I was looking for a properly sized flash suppressor for some MG 151's.  I eventually settled on something from BNA to cobble into place.

Gaz 

3 hours ago, cib2265 said:

I've had no drama with Luckymodel in HK or HLJ in Japan - shipping is comparable - and faster - than locally, so I don't see any reason to buy locally if they don't stock it. 

I tried to find the AM section at HLJ with no success.  Wonder where I'm going wrong.  

I'd still prefer to support an Aussie business even if it isn't my usual go-to.   I figured there had to be others.

BNA is simply excellent. I can testify even if I'm living on the other side of the ball! I found all the Aussie items I was looking after and got them very quickly without any fuss. Same for Frontline Hobbies. With regard to HLJ, select the scale and then the manufacturers (to remove mainstream kits). I agree this is not the most user-friendly approach but this works!