Jennings Heilig

It's a case of, take a deep breath, then dive in!

$75 worth of Zoukei Mura 1/48 F-4D chopped into pieces.  This is the Hypersonic Models aft fuselage correction set, and while some people say you can't see the difference, when you see the correction side by side with the stock ZM arts, it jumps out at you.  I'll admit to being a Phantom Phanatic, and the bloated butt area jumped out at me when I first saw the built-up kit shown on FB several years ago.  

I'm elated to say that the Hypersonic parts are simply stunning, and aside from one little burble with my razor saw (entirely my fault), they fit nearly perfectly.  Hypersonic provides you with stencil cut vinyl guides that are lined up on relevant panel lines to guide your cuts.  Once you get them started it's a pretty simple job of keeping the cuts straight and true.  

The ZM Phantoms are really gorgeous - a quantum leap above anybody else's 1/48 Phantoms, although it can still be argued that the 1979 Monogram kits are the most accurate shape-wise.  Other than the bloated back end though, ZM's kits take the ball and run completely off the field with it compared to everyone else's kits.  

I've got a C and two D's in the stash.  Looking forward to getting this puppy together!

IM38JO.jpg
eNecAK.jpg
SxSV3z.jpg
sGow9m.jpg
CmGLNf.jpg

I recently bought the ZM F-4S in 1/48 - working on some other projects at the moment, but when these are finished I am planning on starting on this one.

Will need to do a fair bit of research to see where this kit can be made more accurate, and reading your post makes me wonder if the shape of the S variant is much different to that of the D.

Hypersonic's stuff is truly first rate quality.   I look forward to seeing your progress on this Jennings.   Any idea what you are doing for markings?  

27 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Dude.....you're a braver man than me for cutting into one of these kits. Drive on bro! 

It was actually really easy.  It's two perfectly straight cuts guided by a vinyl cut guide.  Took about 10 minutes total per side.