KH T-6/Harvard Kicked Up A Notch: Apr 14/20: Finished!

chuck540z3

26 minutes ago, mozart said:

In scale Chuck it looks absolutely fine; even under ultra thin MRP paints the edge is barely, but just enough, discernible.  On a different matter, I assume you know about the rudder control wire "horns" on the KH kit - or lack of more accurately put!

Yes- and the Eduard PE kit has all the detailed parts.

Cheers,

Chuck

Not sure if this has been mentioned so far, but the kit landing gear is positioned too far inboard, and each leg needs to be moved out a fraction to be fully accurate. Mike West wrote up an article for us on the details:

Correcting the Kittyhawk Texan Landing Gear Position

Kev

Great subject.

I cant belive you tossed your cf-18 that build was amazing. You could probably sell your completed kits on ebay for a decent price. There are some museums that also enjoy models, i was at the otawa air and space and they have quite a few models there. 

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Nice choice for a subject Chuck.  I'll be following closely.   My dad flew in T-6's during the Korean War as a FAC, I was going to build one from this era but got scared off due to all the issues with the kit.  Maybe your build will re-motivate me.

There are inaccuracies aplenty with the kit John which with a bit of research and determination can easily be sorted. It builds into a good looking model, I'm anticipating making a third one but ideally I want a Mk1, which is a different beast altogether! 

4 minutes ago, mozart said:

There are inaccuracies aplenty with the kit John which with a bit of research and determination can easily be sorted. It builds into a good looking model, I'm anticipating making a third one but ideally I want a Mk1, which is a different beast altogether! 

I think once I started researching all the differences the T-6G FAC's had, I came to the conclusion that I could do all the mods required and had struck out for decals.   See below.  If you know of any bits that would at least help me replicate the drop tank, I'd be very interested.    Sorry to go OT on this thread...

100609-F-1234S-035.JPG

That's a great picture John.  The drop tank looks about the same size as used by Bf110s, I have some spares but postage from the UK might be an issue?  Could be Stateside people on the forum who have one of the Dragon kits?  You'd need to flatten the lower face though.

• 2 weeks later...