KH T-6/Harvard Kicked Up A Notch: Apr 14/20: Finished!

chuck540z3

Thanks Guys!

7 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Beautiful Chuck!

Splendiferous in her lovely yellow livery Chuck. Ya got t’ dust up the tires a bit though eh? Even the super clean ones had dusty treads. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wolf

Duh!  You are absolutely correct of course Wolf.  Consider it done!

Cheers,

Chuck

Chuck..this has to be one of your best builds,honestly it's gorgeous .

While I was admiring it something seemed out of place,then it hit me..there's no anti glare on the upper engine cowl.Positive they all did have.

So before I was tempted to say something(which I would not have) I checked my refs..and sure enough 213 was one of the very few RCAF birds that didn't have it.

So I learned something.   Thanks.

Edited by williamj

Thanks guys!

25 minutes ago, williamj said:

Chuck..this has to be one of your best builds,honestly it's gorgeous .

While I was admiring it something seemed out of place,then it hit me..there's no anti glare on the upper engine cowl.Positive they all did have.

So before I was tempted to say something(which I would not have) I checked my refs..and sure enough 213 was one of the very few RCAF birds that didn't have it.

So I learned something.   Thanks.

You are still right William, but not always.  This bird has had many different paint jobs over the years and in the early years, the engine cowl was black like most of them are.  It was later painted blue when it was part of the "Goldilocks Acrobatic Team" and when it retired from that, it was painted all yellow.  Since my version is the older version that says "RCAF" on the bottom of the left wing and has the old Canadian flag on the tail, it probably should be black, but since most pics have it as all yellow, I just went with that.  Here is my go-to website for reference pics of this Harvard, with many pics you can enlarge by clicking on them.  The cowling on all of them are all yellow or blue, but the twelfth one from the top, my bird, is black, so I could/should have gone with that instead.

Harvard 20213 Photos

One real surprising thing is that the anti-glare black paint is always glossy, which isn't very anti-glare to me.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3