Sign in to follow this  
Fred Jack

Canopy for a Revell Mosquito fighter bomber mod.

I have an old modification to convert a Revell mosey to a fighter bomber that sat forever in my stash. The canopy plastic didn’t survive. Either Barracuda or Grey Matter Figures makes the same interior but doesn’t have the canopy. I just found a Tamiya clear fret on EBay and purchased it. For those who don’t know. The fighter bomber had a flat windshield across the front of the canopy whereas the bomber had a pointed canopy across the front like a B-17. Revell never released a fighter bomber version. I’d like to eventually get a Tamiya Kit, but I’ll be happy with the Revell. At least the price was right. It will look great with my Revell bomber version and a Wingnut Wings Lancaster.

That is probably the old Paragon set, I had one long ago, sold it with my Revell kit. Near impossible to find now.

You could always go upscale and get the 1/24th Airfix FB. VI which is leagues ahead of the Revell kit and is absolutely beautiful if a bit large.

4 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

That is probably the old Paragon set, I had one long ago, sold it with my Revell kit. Near impossible to find now.

You could always go upscale and get the 1/24th Airfix FB. VI which is leagues ahead of the Revell kit and is absolutely beautiful if a bit large.

Thanks, but I’m strictly 1/32 when it comes to airplanes.

11 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

That is probably the old Paragon set, I had one long ago, sold it with my Revell kit.

Me too. Took the money from that and added a little to get the Tamiya kit.   :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

Didn't Squadron do a vacform fighter canopy for the Revell kit?

Falcon did.

BNA Modelworld shows in stock.

Edited by Cheetah11
Additional text