New ZM kit announced (for 2022?)

thierry laurent

Hi,  

In a recent interview, the "old man" announced the release of an Okha kit. I would have preferred a Kikka but I understand that choice from an history importance perspective. Combined with the recent Special Hobby Fi103 release, this future kit will have one side consequence: the Hph combo resin kit will soon become a collector. 

Thierry 

29 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Much rather have a Betty. Unsuccessful suicide machines are low on my priority list.

Yes, that's a real turn off for me too.  I have no interest in making a suicide machine.  It just makes me sick to my stomach to see those things, and it has always been that way.

At the rate ZM operates, this will hit the shelves in a decade.

He still owes us an entire FW-190 family of kits!

It's not so much they are a turn off, but rather that there are still so many more interesting and historically more significant aircraft to produce in 1/32, especially as regards the Japanese. I've built V-1's and V-2's, but I have little interest in the Natter because the first two saw significant usage but the latter not so much.

Because they were announced. Lighten up just a tad.

Back on track.... the Ohka not so interesting, unless one wants to model that particular aspect of the WWII Japanese military mindset.

I'd rather see almost anything else from that time frame.

The Ohka is certainly well known because of that mindset that certainly shocked the western civilization that is ours. So a kit of this tiny aircraft (piloted missile) is not surprising but it is up to each to decide what one wants to build.

A member of our modeling club had been bombed by the Luftwaffe  when, as a child, was trying to escape advancing German troops in 1940.

He simply did not build any military subjects.

Alain

well i do like me a big mama betty with baby ohka in the belly . the japanese planes are really too few in 32 scale . 

still hoping for D3A ,D4Y, B5N,B6N,B7A,C6N. i find really stupid the decisions to make FW 190 in 32 scale considering the amount of kits already on the market .

that was probably a rant , but to go back to the point an ohka is tempting especially if you can do the internals as always and if the do the jet variant with a separate boxing or with add-ons like the J7W

Edited by kikka