Pauke! Pauke! – NIGHTFIGHTER! Me 262 B-1a/U1 Red 12

Hi,

started a vacation projekt: Revell´s 32nd scale Me262B-1:

3YUFMS3.jpg

Leather seat backrest was done with fast drying Griffin Alkyd oils from Winsor & Newton.

FOHAXmk.jpg

Dry fitting the cockpit tub into the fuselage. Interior was upgrade with Eduard PE set #32893.
Cockpit detail is soft and restricted, so PE is a good way to upgrade the front and back office!

ENEvAAH.jpg

Kit quality is a bit ambivalent: with careful cleaning fit can be good. But the nose panels fit horribly.
Surface details are finely engraved and airframe shape looks good to me.

qoTettO.jpg

Lots of sanding and putty required. Rescribing panel lines is also necessary.

Have a nice weekend,

109er.

great start

i love the seat especially - is that done with the oils you mention?

i have this kit (as well as the Trumpeter one) and was hoping the nose would fit better than this - oh well

have you used hairspray chipping or is this silver pencil or something else?

thanks for sharing

On 11/22/2019 at 11:49 AM, nmayhew said:

great start

i love the seat especially - is that done with the oils you mention?

i have this kit (as well as the Trumpeter one) and was hoping the nose would fit better than this - oh well

have you used hairspray chipping or is this silver pencil or something else?

thanks for sharing

Hi,

yes I used the mentioned alkyd oils over a flat tan colored underpainting. Used van Dyke brown and umber.

Seat chipping was brush painted, actually I may be repainting the seat pans this weekend as I am not really happy with them. I would then using the sponge technique for chipping. On the other hand the seat belts etc. will hide the seat pans quite a bit ...

Fit of nose panels is bad, fuselage halves fit nicely. I am afraid of the engine nacelles, however.

Best wishes!

• 1 month later...

Good evening,

hope you had a great start into 2020!

Besides family stuff (my mom suffered a stroke ... :() I actually found some time for modeling. I started the landing gear using resin replacements for the wheels ... I forgot which brand ... :hmmm:

I somewhere read that in late war the quality of tires were really bad which made them to last for about 10 landings and take-offs. Well, the same could be said about the pilots and a/c, too. :whistle: So they look a bit beaten up in my example of a tire set.

mMxwlxe.jpg

Yrh0onD.jpgARyOn9G.jpg

Best wishes,

109er.

Edited by 109

So sorry to hear about your mother... hope she makes a full recovery. 

Beautiful work!  I love the weathering on the landing gear!  Sorry to hear about the poor fit of the nose panels.  Sounds like no improvement from the Trumpeter kit in this regard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 5:16 PM, 109 said:

Hi,

yes I used the mentioned alkyd oils over a flat tan colored underpainting. Used van Dyke brown and umber.

Seat chipping was brush painted, actually I may be repainting the seat pans this weekend as I am not really happy with them. I would then using the sponge technique for chipping. On the other hand the seat belts etc. will hide the seat pans quite a bit ...

Fit of nose panels is bad, fuselage halves fit nicely. I am afraid of the engine nacelles, however.

Best wishes!

Engine nacelles are OK. I had the same issues with the nose as you though. Brilliant work on the wheels and undercarriage. Will follow with interest.

1 hour ago, Wackyracer said:

Engine nacelles are OK. I had the same issues with the nose as you though. Brilliant work on the wheels and undercarriage. Will follow with interest.

Hi,

just started engines and nacelles last night ... will close all panels. I will post some progress this weekend :-)

Best wishes!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

the airframe is almost finished which enables me to start the painting process. After a base coat of Gunze Mr. Surfacer 1200 I applied a thin white coat to the upper fuselage. This will be finished in RLM 76 with a brown and green mottling. I already applied the blue underpainting or preshading of the RLM 76.

Have a nice evening! :-)

qvPhkW1.jpg

6RPDfKZ.jpg

ODohr22.jpg

GrLkZB4.jpg

Edited by 109