Do 17

Fred Jack

There is still a lot of stuff out there I'm sure.

That's where the nearly intact Fw 190 came from. The pilot stepped out, walked away and it stayed there untouched!

Tanks are pulled out of bogs as if they fell in yesterday. Like the Stug III in white finish with complete tool box.

Youtube is full of videos of those finds, take a look!

Alain

I think you're all thinking 'real aircraft' drawings for making a model, that drawing is a good starter for the exterior and the photos of the cockpit are quite a lot of info, don't forget the sizes of the instruments are probably out there to scale off. The actual fuselage is only ever a thick rendition in say 1.6mm thick material and the cockpit a compromise to fit in the over scale fuselage.

Graham

Well, I'm still hoping for the Do-17 in 1/32. The 111 and 88 are needing the third Musketeer to complete the set. I won't hold my breath though, and besides, I've got plenty of other stuff to build while I wait for hell to freeze over.  Personally, I think it's one cool looking aeroplane...but I do have a thing for twin tailed birds. 

5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Which one ?  Radial or inline ?  I like 'em both    :speak_cool:

I'd love a Do-17Z with the Bramos, but a 215 would be cool too, along with any of the early true "Pencils" as those pre war tri colour schemes appeal greatly. I may have to revert to 1/48th to get what I would like to build though.

Steve

There is still the substantial wreck of a Dornier DO-215 nightfighter on mudflats somewhere north in The Netherlands. A large section of cockpit skinning and

an engine are on display at our museum. The rest is still out there. But due to environmental issues etc. etc.