Cross Kit General Lee......ish-Completed-01/16

mustang1989

FWIW, the cars used for filming were actually painted Corvette red because the film used  made the red appear as orange.   When they tried orange paint, it was almost yellow once developed. 

Yes, I watch Graveyard Cars. 

I spent a lot of time wet sanding the imperfections out of the paint and then applying Bare Metal Foil around all the window trim and drip rails and today...the decals. Here's a couple of shots of how it sits now. Still got the flag decal coated with Microsol to help it all lay flat onto the roofline. Had a couple of areas on the edges where it didn't want to lay down flush. Now to let the cals dry and then off to the gloss coat....my favorite part.

OSVe26.jpg

B6HVES.jpg

Thanks you guys. 

Today was Gloss Coat day soooo......I broke out the Testors "Wet Look" Clear ….the ONLY way to go for supreme gloss finishes in my experience. I dispensed it into a paint jar, let 'er gas out for about 5 minutes while I was removing whatever dust particles I could find on the body and went to work.

Couldn't be happier with the results. Now...……..to let it cure out for a couple of days before a nice wet sanding and polishing.

UrFPmE.jpg

8tmAEc.jpg

q6Xvcq.jpg