Cross Kit General Lee......ish-Completed-01/16

mustang1989

When I started this build I had no intention of building the General Lee as everyone knows it. I am a Charger fan long before I am a "Dukes" fan but still like the look of the General Lee so I hope I don't hurt any GL purists out there looking on.sorry%20bout%20dat_zps1nny96hw.gif  I built one as a kid and have always wanted to have a second shot at it. Only this time I got to add my own touches to it. I started with the stance. I didn't like the high stance of the Lee at all so I set out lowering a bit all the way around. I also went with wider wheels from the AMT Eckler Corvette kit and used a set of tires(which I turned into Bf G's by way of decals ) from the Revell Challenger T/A kit so I could have a more aggressive look. Secondly, if I had one of these it only makes sense to have opening doors....hence the door handles. Third, I love the looks of the 69 Charger R/T grille.....a true testament to the aggressive looking front ends of the time so I opted to show the R/T grille unobstructed by not installing the grille guard up front. Just couldn't do it guys. Lastly, the GL is NOT an R/T which I simply could not have. If I'm going to build a Charger then it's gonna be an R/T and it's gonna have a 440 and not a 383. You're also not going to find a roll bar or CB radio inside. I love the looks of a factory interior in any car and have always liked the Charger interiors in particular so I couldn't "spoil" any of that.

The kit is from Revell. Paint is Testors "Go-Mango" lacquer with Testors "Wet Look" clear. Decals are from the MPC GL kit which was really the only visible part that I took from that kit except for the front and rear license plates which came from Thomas Logan at Speedway Decals. Exhaust tips are aluminum rod cut to length as well as bevel cut and polished, all scrips and details are from the Model Car Garage PE set for the Revell kit. 

Anyways here she is. I'd like to thank everyone who followed along, peeked in, and for those who commented or had input along the way. You guys rock! 

sHw4X0.jpg

IMce3K.jpg

waKLkR.jpg

Zqkwec.jpg

Hi Joe -

FANTASTIC result! The motor looks just right - your extra detailing takes it over the top. Love the interior. Perfect stance. And you TOTALLY nailed that paint job. (I'm going to have to try that Testors "Wet Look" clear...).  Absolutely brilliant. 

Thanks for sharing.

:clap2:

Cheers!

John.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Just poor adjustment would be my guess.

I had a 67 Mustang that I had to adjust the hood upwards a bit to clear the air cleaner but I've seen some hoods that were very badly out of adjustment with only one side of the hood sticking up in the rear. lol