Cross Kit General Lee......ish-Completed-01/16

mustang1989

3 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

My friend back home had a 69 R/T and a 70 R/T. Both had 440's in 'em and BOTH were real screamers. I remember all the ash trays as well. I had a chance to buy a 68 AND a 69 R/T and both of those had 440's in them. Stupid me …….I passed on both of them. The 68 I could have had for $4500 and the 69 for $2500. Been kicking myself ever since. 

I did the same thing (the kicking thing) with a 1973 440 Cuda...still remember it to this day and that was in 1984, it was gloss black outside with white interior, slap stick auto shifter and 440

Somebody put engine oil in the brake master and ruined the brake hydraulic system, I could've got the thing for 2000.00 bucks but didn't want it because of the brake work it needed...dumb!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks fellas and sorry for the absence. LOTS of stuff goin' on right now.

Well I've officially completed the interior tub. All that's left is installing the door lock knobs into the holes that I drilled in the top of each door which will happen after I've got everything installed neatly and securely up into the body as to avoid damage to the knobs during the interior install.
Revell really did everything right on this kit. If you look up under the dash on the passengers side you'll see the HVAC case. AM items include the seat belts and buckles, PE foot pedals, PE steering wheel spokes, PE keys and key chains and of course the carpet/ flocking. All chrome was applied with a Molotow Chrome pen except for the chrome endcap on the rear of the console. I'm pretty pleased with this.

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!

Edited by mustang1989

19 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Well I've officially completed the interior tub.

Completely OFF-TOPIC!

I do wonder about all the Chargers used in that series. Just about every episode featured a dramatic jump, and watching carefully just about every one of the cars neatly folded just in front of the firewall. The wings and bonnet come up as the front suspension smashes the front structure up. Result - one more dead car

Presumably those cars had no interior but probably some kind of roll cage

Without checking, what did the cars with filmed shots of the interior have? Famously, the doors didn't seem to open (maybe from one jump too many?), so did Luke and Bo fit bracing? Did they strip out stuff to improve performance? So many details for a modeller to obsess about :blink:

Ahh nostalgia... 

/OFF-TOPIC

Your interior looks great, Joe - I love your build threads

Richard

Thanks everybody.

I don't know how many got destroyed in all but I do know that they were on the prowl for Chargers to use in that flick. I know of a couple of friends that had Chargers at that time and were gotten ahold of to buy them for the show. Any Charger that entered the "Dukes" arena was a sure death sentence for the car. Sad deal really. There aint many of 'em left today.

First off.....In working with the battery I decided not to go with real cables for this one. Gonna concentrate most of my efforts on the brake lines coming off of the master cylinder and more so on the engine which I still haven't decided which way to go with yet.  icon_hmm_zps07rcoppf

W9sTkb.jpg

Secondly.....If you wanna know about stress...…I can tell you about that. I have never seen an interior that fought the whole way going into a car body before. I just knew one of the windows were gonna pop out or that there was going to be an interior side panel pop out of place or something was gonna break while installing it. I can't really turn the car body upside down to do all of this either due to all the flocking going everywhere during the popping and all from fitting this interior up into the body. I had to do all of this with the body upright which made things really hard to do. But............…I got it. Thank God-I got it.

HM2qgg.jpg

Thanks Gazz.

Okay......I managed to get the hair raising task of installing the wheels all done. Sounds simple but I made the wheel mounting holes on the rims an oval so I could get this one just wee tad lower. Had to get all the wheels at just the right height so I wouldn't wind up with a "3 wheeler". The stance is now locked in.

I also got the back panel all painted up, detailed up and bumpered up and installed. I hit the body with a little more polish but can tell I need to do it again just to get it just right.

dYzZtb.jpg

Yegf6g.jpg

J0HcqB.jpg