1/32 ERA-3B Skywarrior - 3D printed / scratchbuilt

Starfighter

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, progress is slow. I have to finish a 35th scale AH-1Z for a magazine... Of course I was not able to simply build it but had to play around with my 3D printer which resulted in more work than initially planned.

Anyway, a bit of drilling and cutting was required to add the remaining APU exhausts. Looks a bit rough, but noting to worry about: A friend of mine has already CNC milled the raised frames which will be added around them later on. 

img_1397dgjjh.jpeg

img_1440jvji5.jpeg

img_1439kujcm.jpeg

Sadly, I have to cut and re-align the fuselage behind the wings again as it is not perfectly straight. That's the next thing to do. I'll keep you posted! 

Here's what's holding me back at the moment... not super happy about it, but I have to finish it! 

img_1825i9j0s.jpg

Edited by Starfighter

Ben, I have started a petition around the world for you to get back to the CH 53, so far only one signature, mine. LOL

I wasn't familiar with the Skywarrior so I watched the video, big plane indeed. 

Your Cobra is stunning. What magazine is it going to?

Any more thought on the deck tractor?

Oliver

Thank you all! :) 

Oliver, the MH-53 is anything but forgotten. I'll order litho plate and start trials soon. The AH-1Z is for German model magazine ModellFan. I need t o push to get it done soon. 

The tractor will follow for sure - in 2020. 

8 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Thank you all! :) 

Oliver, the MH-53 is anything but forgotten. I'll order litho plate and start trials soon. The AH-1Z is for German model magazine ModellFan. I need t o push to get it done soon. 

The tractor will follow for sure - in 2020. 

Litho is not your only option.  I have good bit of experience with metal covering.  I have never used litho...never actually found a source.   I use tooling foil.  It’s aluminum sheet 36 gauge and I have found it cheap at amazon or any or the big craft stores in the US.  36 gauge is 0.005” or 0.127mm thick.   It’s soft easy to form and cut and works great for butt and step joint panels.  

Here’s a link as an example...Tooling Foil

Hope that helps!

Timmy!

17 hours ago, Timmy! said:

Litho is not your only option.  I have good bit of experience with metal covering.  I have never used litho...never actually found a source.   I use tooling foil.  It’s aluminum sheet 36 gauge and I have found it cheap at amazon or any or the big craft stores in the US.  36 gauge is 0.005” or 0.127mm thick.   It’s soft easy to form and cut and works great for butt and step joint panels.  

Here’s a link as an example...Tooling Foil

Hope that helps!

Timmy!

This helps a lot - I will definitely try to get some. Maybe I can find a source in Europe, this would make it easier. Anyway, thanks a lot for the link - much cheaper than litho plate as well. can't wait to give this a try!