1/32 Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer - Detail Shots

Breaker

58 minutes ago, NigeW said:

I have managed to resist a Bucc, in the hope that we will see an IM kit, but would purchase an AEW Gannet without any hesitation.  Here's hoping.  

+1, especially with wing parts offering a fold, even with just basic detail in the joints that needs superdetailing.

Tony 

wow there's some curves on that bird!

(don't think I've said that in quite a few years lol)

I watched the full 30mins or so Bucc training video someone posted a while back - made me immensely proud and then very sad that successive Governments betrayed our Armed Forces and let it all go to sh*t

I hope the kit is a success and look forward to seeing them built

The normal Palouse was the Oblong four wheel trolley, used them on the VC10, someone decided it would be a good idea to use it on a gentle breeze setting to defrost a frozen toilet waste gate as the coupling was the same, it erm worked, it blew the contents of the toilet system and tank up through the bog coating the aft cabin of the said VC 10 with sh't? We had the rear cabin stripped out of all the trim and aIr freshener in it with  the doors open for over a week and it still smelt of you know what.

Well work is progressing  with my one , the cockpit side walls have been fitted  and new cockpit sills have been added , and with everything closed up it looks pretty good, but the real reason for posting is that I bought a new airfix 1/72 Buc for inspiration, and on opening the box all I could think is

"Its so dammed SMALL" - seriously its Tiny , there is NO WAY I could go back to this scale , I hardly can see the pieces , let alone assemble them !

As for the 32nd scale beast , still swithering about chopping out the bombay doors to fit the bulged RAF Door, it seems to be the logical approach , BUT it's a lot of resin to remove - and there are no second chances!

EEK

Pics such as they are to follow , just as soon as the workbench has been cleaned up including the 6" of resin dust coating it at present , but I have cleaned up the wings and U/C bays and the all now fit , and it so looks like a Buc...!

ColinR (Call my Dusty !)

Edited by Scotsman
Bad spelling makes my cry!

1 hour ago, Scotsman said:

"Its so dammed SMALL" - seriously its Tiny , there is NO WAY I could go back to this scale , I hardly can see the pieces , let alone assemble them !

ColinR (Call my Dusty !)

Our Son’s girlfriend bought me a 1/72 Spitfire for my 50th this year (She’s German with a good sense of humour:clap2:). I built it in 2 weeks but as you it’s tiny and 100% not my choice of scale.

Dust - can you write your name on the bench yet?

Edited by Stevepd