1/32 Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer - Detail Shots

Breaker

Hi Max,

This is something that Alan mentioned way back down the line, as in 'the gear legs are designed to be strong enough to take the weight' - not Alan's words but the essential message. This is just as well as I can't see the likes of SAC making a metal set for 15 kits although Ali of Aerocraft might be persuaded to have sets cast in brass or bronze as he has with the HB B-24 gear, but the Bucc legs would be considerably more expensive on the basis of a) number required and b) size compared to the B-24 inserts,

Simon

I did think about drilling out the centre of the legs and adding in a metal supporting strut, but the forks are the areas of real weakness, so I'm planning a supporting cradle  for long term storage , its a bummer , but its a Very short run model , and I'm not banking on any aftermarket help on it at all ,  any enhancements are going to be along the lines of the Airscale  for the cockpit , make do , 

Very old school!

CR

I got mine this morning as well as an Amazon box containing the Haynes book among other goodies. I knew the kit was going to be huge but was really flabbergasted when I opened the box. What a monster!!! To me the price is OK when I'm looking at the contents. It is simply Christmas before December! :m0152:

Indeed, the kit is quite simple. The only thing that absolutely asks for replacement are the decals. I'm in for the Kitsworld solution if this is still valid. By default I would go for the set 137 route as I want to recreate a RAF eighties machine but as far as stencils are available, I'm open to other ideas. 

The fan on the full size Bucc is wider than the intake mouth, as the fuselage has an indented 'trough' a few feet back to accommodate the width.

It's ignored in most of the 1/48 intake 'improvement resin add-ons which results in too small a fan, and I haven't found a suitable photo online.*

There is a good photo of the Bucc production line which shows it clearly in I think a 1980s PSL Modern Combat Aircraft hardback, but I can't lay hands on it at the minute. The photo of XX899's nose section below sort of shows the extra width and the oval to circular transition.

And Derek's right, the fan being so close to the intake mouth is a real eye-catcher if properly represented in the large scale.

* Not as good as the photo I've seen, but still useful for intake config detail.

37791984755_b257a6d724_b.jpg

Edited by Chek
photo added