1/32 Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer - Detail Shots

Breaker

On 11/14/2019 at 11:15 AM, Scotsman said:

Phil - I watched that video a couple of days ago, and yes the Buc pilot retracting while the doors are almost scraping along the runway .. magic!

We were taught about the Buc in our Airframe trade training in the RAF. The buc had the ability to sit very low to the ground/water and sit on a cushion of air known as ground effect. The aircraft was built like a brick outhouse and we had one sat in our XV Sqn hangar for ages. Loved looking around her. Wish i had the forethought to take detailed pictures of her whilst she was there.

1 minute ago, wunwinglow said:

If you buy the kit thinking the only issue is the panel lines, I can tell you right now, you are going to be VERY disappointing!  That's all I am saying,  coming from someone who actually has the kit, on his workbench, right now. You can take my comment for what it is worth, or you can leave it....

Well to be honest, i leave it, why.............well it's clear isn't...........again, never mentioned panel lines, look's you can't read people post very clear, still you keep hammering about panel lines..........:wow:i'm impressed.......:rofl:

OK, fair enough, but I am not sure what other details are visible in the pics I have seen. And frankly, ANY details, not just panel lines, ARE GOING TO BE THE LEAST OF YOUR CONCERNS building this kit. I can't say it any clearer than that!! Which is the point I am making, and the one you seem to be avoiding. I'll say it another way; the work you will have to do to build this kit will obliterate most of the fine details,  so they will need to be reinstated if you wish to feature them on your finished model. Frankly, if I was thinking about buying the kit, this work would be the focus of my attention, and the detailing would be way down my list of priorities. And if I could sort the assembly out, I would not find the detailing to be so difficult it would stop me buying the kit!

Is that clear enough now??!!

4 hours ago, DannyVM said:

Well to be honest, i leave it, why.............well it's clear isn't...........again, never mentioned panel lines, look's you can't read people post very clear, still you keep hammering about panel lines..........:wow:i'm impressed.......:rofl:

Me too, because of my similar lack of skills, but why the bouncing WOW or someone dying of a peanut allergy ?! 

Tony

17 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

Frankly, if I was thinking about buying the kit, this work would be the focus of my attention, and the detailing would be way down my list of priorities. And if I could sort the assembly out, I would not find the detailing to be so difficult it would stop me buying the kit!

Is that clear enough now??!!

That's exactly what I think when I look at the 1/32 vacform Combat Models of yore. :rolleyes:

Folks, Ive already had a reply from Kitsworld. They are indeed amenable to upscaling their sheets so it now remains who has got a bucaneer and who wants some decals > the sheets im talking about are these but in 1/32 

https://www.kitsworld.co.uk/index.php?CATEGORY=5&SUB=23&THISPAGE=1&RADIOSORT=4&PICFILE=443&STKNR=443&STRH=3332&ORDN=2256&RNZ=955978

I mentioned sheet 137 and 140 

can I have a straw poll of 

1. posesses or who has the kit 

2. who would want what sheet? 

we would need some sort of consensus in order to keep costs down i assume, failing that I will find out a price to produce asheet on an individual basis, At least we would know. 

Well done Dave

To be honest, I would prefer more FAA jets to choose from including overall EDSG so, if I couldn’t have that, then I would have to go for 137, if the choice was one or the other.

I don’t know enough about Kits World's range to know if they have a sheet I would prefer!!

Awkward person !!!

My 1/48th Bucc is in EDSG with the pale blue serials and RN titles so. In theory that could be done with stencils and paint but the airframe stencils are probably not black on the underside? I’m not sure off hand.

As I said on Britmodeller ,my kit has been pulled from the moulds so I should have my Buc by the end of week , and I'd be interested in an RAF sheet , 137 I think, I should want the FAA set , but the for me the Buc is always going to be an RAF machine, notwithstanding its origins

ColinR